Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Wondering when Void Elves will get more hair styles and colors! Long overdue.

7 Likes

Oh I don’t think I posted this one here! I think I wanna make a couple more hairstyles and then I can make a line up :smiley:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDh3S-UWMAA0Qun?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GDh3RHRWwAA4x3R?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
7 Likes

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Really hope someone from Blizz is taking notes here.

11 Likes

Midnight would be my guess, but I am hoping for sooner.

6 Likes

That collar! That hair!

Blizzard could do so much for so little…

6 Likes

Right? it’s just about getting creative!!

6 Likes

I wish Void Elves had access to Blood Elf hairstyles. More hairstyles in general would be great, both with and without tentacles. Our customization options have allowed us access to normal skin tones to support the in-game/lore based explanation of the expansion of Void Elf numbers from Umbric’s original small group to a notable size. I don’t see why that could not apply to hairstyles too.

7 Likes

Honestly think hairstyles in general should be shared across all races.

It’s silly honestly to lock them off.

10 Likes

There are already void elf NPCs with blood elf hairstyles. :sob:
Blizzard should share hairstyles between core races and their allied races.

4 Likes

Give us a Barber chain unlock quest for getting the hairstyles please blizz

2 Likes

There is already an “elven reunification” in Telogrus Rift.

Ultimately, we don’t need a quest or wait for the Midnight expansion for a sharing of hairstyles between Void Elves and Blood Elves.

3 Likes

While this is true, Blizzard tends to give out such things with events and story behind them.

Its not unreasonable to think that it will take the reunification we expect in Midnight for them to homogenize things like that.

Its ridiculous they can’t just give out customizations en masse of course… but thats a problem Blizzard will always need to figure out how and why they can’t address that issue.

3 Likes

If the Void Elves and Blood Elves become a reunited people in Midnight, they could eventually share their customizations completely.

1 Like

Aye. I’m curious what they will do with all that.

I don’t actually think they will like… do a sub race thing with them but also I can’t say I’d rule it out entirely.

A lot is changing.

But yeah I could see a world where all the options get shared depending on how they do it.

I will say that on a personal level I prefer that there is some differentiation still. But not in things like hair style and color… but like some differing jewelry or tattoo designs? I could see that sort of thing easily enough. (though I can also see the opposite.) The culture though of each group is more important to me in the end than the customizations available to them exactly on that end… if that…makes any sense?

4 Likes

Hope you are all having fun with the valentine’s attire. I’m seeing lot’s of that gorgeous purple fox, that will look great with Void purple!

But if you are using the bright turquoise eyes like Crimson here, and the Valentines crown- you will purrfectly match with the pink fox mount’s eyes and jewel.

The heart crown also looks pretty cool with the purple hairs and tentacles! ( maybe a little clipping, but I’d rather clip than be bald.)

4 Likes

Finally done! Robed VE heritage concept looks!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFhpRk5XUAA73Eu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GFhpRk5WEAAGD8Q?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
10 Likes

God-darn Glorious! I’m going to add these to the main post!

Thank you so much for making these!

21 Likes

Ty Fen! Ahh! It was a bit daunting to finally approach the concept art and make it into a model, but I am SO happy with the results; Now I just really want to take a bunch of pics ahaha!

3 Likes

This are amazing, and exactly what we need added our Heritage set. It ties our Thalassian elegance together with the dark and cosmic nature of the Void most exquisitely in a manner that greatly surpasses our current heritage set, which feels under done and clashes in concept.

2 Likes