Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Nightborne are absolutely different models from Night Elves and thus have their own unique UV maps which means no, you could not just copy paste the DR skin textures over. It also makes no sense at all lore-wise.

Void Elves at least are supposed to represent Thalassian Elves on the Alliance including High Elves and Blood Elven defectors so some kind of lore argument can be made for a Thallassian DR on Alliance, especially considering some NE Dark Rangers went to the Alliance after BFA maybe some Thalassian ones did too considering their leader went crazy and betrayed them :person_shrugging: Maybe Sylvanas was the only reason a number of Thalassian Elves were with the Horde in the first place

6 Likes

Still not sure why they haven’t turned the wings into a cosmetic back piece at this point!

6 Likes

Jesus what a reach…

NB just need a pale skin tone and red eyes, that’s it.

And there wasn’t a single dead and risen velf in darkshore.

It.

Was.

A.

Bug.

Velf weren’t meant to get DR skins, stop trying to justify it. If they were then we’d have NB DR skins along with them so scales would be balanced.

Like what part of DRs being originally a horde flavor don’t you people understand?

Wait, what are the 3 pets? Is the Warp stalker one of them? I just can’t get past it’s clunky animations…

OMG, love that star cursed blond hair!

4 Likes

Honestly, the only way I can see blizz going back on the DR customization is if they make thalassian all one race and then you get different choices if you go horde or alliance… But that probably won’t happen so even if it was a bug, it’s not going anywhere.

I really want that star cursed hair!

5 Likes

Oh for sure, I just like to point it out and rub it in their face of just how bad helfers ruined the velf race.

Now we got a void ridden elf that’s also not void ridden AND undead. You can have all 3 simultaneously if you wish too with blond dark rangers with void tentacles.

They look like freaking ckowns

2 Likes

Star Cursed Hair has to be one of the most loved concepts made by fans from something in game for Void Elves. It might be the second or third most requested customization item I see for void elves entirely.

5 Likes

I’d just have a hard time picking what color for this character and my other velves lol

Eh then don’t play them.

8 Likes

Seeing the Starcursed hair animated is just next level, :purple_heart: well done Rama :hugs:

I totally wish to see in game customizations
like this amped up for Void Elves, glowing assets for Nightborne, Dark Irons and pretty much everyone.

5 Likes

At this point, as much as I want more void stuff, I’d also love to have different body options, not just for VEs but for everyone.

Imagine a VE with an Athletic NE body or muscular Orc swoon One reason I don’t play a whole lot of Thalassions is because of how spindly they are.

Again, I repeat, body types/sizes for EVERYONE, pay attention Blizz, don’t just give body/sizes and fluffy tails to VEs only.

5 Likes

Obviously I don’t.

I just don’t appreciate the stain the left in wow.

Very much this. I’d love different body types and physiques too. Like a more athletic type for Rangers or Knights and such, or a more dainty Highborne Mage type for Night Elves, etc.

4 Likes

Please Blizz, let my VE Warrior look like they can and will try to rip someone’s head off.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re the one reaching. Even if your evidence was good (and it isn’t) there is no concrete proof of your theory. You’ve just made it up and convinced yourself of it.

7 Likes

Yeah well obviously blizz won’t admit to it. But it’s obvious simply from the fact that NB have no DR skins and the horde is more deserving of 2 DR races than the freaking alliance.

Eh alliance didn’t get playable high elves in name so we have 2 DR races as compensation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What would be cool going back to velf customizations is having that star cursed animation on tattoos… I bet that would look great! As a bonus, it would be cool to have EE be able to look more star cursed and be able to have your tattoos and tendrils change color when it was active.

8 Likes

Alleria’s new look has a starry appearance in the tattoos on her arm. Might just be the artwork but I’d love to see that effect in game for Velf Tattoos.

A starcursed EE option would be so awesome. I think I’d use that on all my velves. Changing color of the tentacles and hair and tattoos when EE is active like Alleria already does would be amazing!

5 Likes

Mmm, I still want me a void based class that’s basically a melee caster like a medieval fantasy Venom. Casting void spells…basically to be able to turn into something like final phase Sarkareth as the raid boss. Big bulky, toothy…void corrupted aberration. Yes please. Could even give it wings like demon hunters have it could use for flight. (also demon hutners should have flight).

Were those the ones the bright hot pinkish red?

But void elves are already dark rangers…they’re all dark and voidy and rangers. :stuck_out_tongue:

They should just add the same skin and eye options to NB, but honestly, I’d much rather see a fully fleshed out dark fallen (dark rangers/san’layn with all the customizations) race with multiple body types…make it neutral. Both Darnassian and Thalassian body types.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind a melee based class for the void. Could be a neat addition. Also yeah Demon Hunters should be able to do Dynamic flight with their wings like the Dracthyr are about to be able to do.

There have been so many little glitches like that over time on the forums. Just an issue with the forums displaying the changes when they’re newly added.

Probably best to ignore Tahonto. They are kind enough to only really respond when folk engage them and their viewpoint about the Dark Ranger skins being a mistake is pretty clearly untrue. Let them have their view and we can all have ours.

5 Likes