Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

As a void elf, we are entitled to get the new blood elf options as well.
Thats how it works now yeah? Haha

8 Likes

I wonder if the blood elves receive new skin and hair colors, will the void elves receive them too ?

2 Likes

I doubt it. If it was planned then they would have put new customizations for blood elves and void elves on the roadmap.

5 Likes

While that is a possibility I’m also perfectly happy to not.

There are things I just expect across the board will be shared as a matter of theres little options to expand beyond similar things.

But theres a whole host of other things that could be done where they’re not the same though both races get things.

Either way I’m just happy to see Blood Elves get something. They’ve felt so bad for so long.

And of course I’ll be happy when Void Elves get their next additional customizations as well. Whether shared or not.

This has me thinking probably not this time around. OR alternatively Blizzard is concerned they don’t have the resources to put towards customizations as they thought and are unwilling to promise too much right now.

3 Likes

The new customizations added since the start of DF are only skin, hair and eye colors. I hope BEs get new, more interesting things !

2 Likes

Tbh i wont have an opinion about if im actually jealous until they show it.

If its some awesome new beards, then that sucks to not share.
If its male jewellery, then i wont care at all.

Time will tell haha

1 Like

(This is Whisper, now reporting from the main)

I do not ever want blood elf customizations again. I want our own hair with tentacles (and toggles), our own skins, our own jewelry, our own Identity. I’m glad Helf players got their skins, but that should be where it ends.

Let blood elves have their things, and then Blizzard can stop going “we gave you a customization pass already” when they throw us the scraps.

Ahem… I’m pretty sure they are going to lean blood elves heavily into the light, and this new customization pass may go with what is happening with the Silver Hand. Some more going on with the Sunwell would be appreciated.

7 Likes

Tbh with them being the same race and void elves no longer exclusively looking void, at this point i would make them share all customisation options.

Void elves keep the void skin tones to themselves, blood elves get new light skin tones for themselves.
Put some togglable tentacles on the currently blood elf hair styles for void elves.
Make a toggle effect for some light effect on all hair for blood elves.

Void elves get blue and purple tats.
Blood elves get red and gold tats.

That sort of thing.

2 Likes

If Blizzard was a company that did regular rollouts for this type of thing, I would believe it. However, we know from the patch that gave us blood elf skins that we never got the other shoe (void customization) to drop. None of the shared hair got integrated with our theme, and the only actual update to that was the tentacle toggle… an actual removal of said theme.

The next update we got was also shared, the dark ranger skin. Then we got nothing else. To us in this thread we can all nod and say these customization passes don’t really count, and we haven’t been given much of anything. Other players, and most importantly Blizzard, don’t see it that way.

We’ve already gotten enough off brand customization that the next pass needs to be void in theme.

9 Likes

This is what I hope for.

I do not begrudge my high elf brethren but I’d really like to just get some void stuff…

I’m also eternally happy for my blood elf brethren to get their own things!

It helps me little too throw a fit on another person’s good fortune.

10 Likes

Absolutely :dracthyr_heart:

Void Elves and Blood Elves are different, and these differences should be celebrated with fun things to play with. I’m just already very :newspaper_roll: ready for all the weirdos who are inevitably going to try to stir the pot over this - though I expect many of them are trolls. See a post a few paces above.

10 Likes

Ive kind of given up hope for anything.
Maybe in 2026 we will see 2 new hair cuts come our way haha

5 Likes

The timing on this with Man’ari makes me think Felblood are the most likely thing to be coming.

Aren’t Void Elves still in 3erd/3th place for lease amount of options?

Dark Iron/Vulpera/Kul’Tiran/Void Elves/Worgen should def be next in line.

3 Likes

I feel like man’ari were inevitable just from how the war for Argus was won. It’s a safe assumption to point at the end of Legion, and the unlocking of the warlock class, for how we got to getting man’ari skins. Blood Elves haven’t done anything with Fel for a long time, and their story has been leaning more heavily into purification, healing, and restoration.

If I was putting money down on speculation, there is going to be a quest where the sin’dorei begin actively cleaning up the rest of the Scourge in ernest. This has already been an ongoing effort, but players have never seen or taken part in it. The cosmetic rewards being some kind of light (Sunwell) themed doodads or tats.

There just isn’t enough going on right now to make me think there will be Fel or San’layn customization, as others have hoped for.

As for who has the least, honestly was speaking on how void elves have the least void options. We haven’t got a single update with void since the race went live. Forsaken actually have a pitiful amount of customization, the lowest out of all main races and even outpaced by some allied races.

We’re hurting all around.

Edit: four hair colors…

2 Likes

Yep. Confirmed.

3 Likes

Those better be the most bomb colors ever to justify their slot on the roadmap.

Huh. Hair colors would not have been my first pick for things blood elves could use.

Maybe there will be more to it than that (I’m personally hoping for some dark ranger stuff)?

Regardless, it’s always nice to get new customizations.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1699914573933928487?s=20

5 Likes

Two of them look really similar to the DK blue colors. At least the pink and green are completely new.

5 Likes

Edit: Actually no they’re fine

Might be sort of cute. And I know at least one person will be all about that pink.

I’m just a little let down that they’re not what I personally wanted.