Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

If Blizzard just released High Elves they would no longer have excuses for not fully embracing the Void Elf customization options. Embrace the Void. Go all out.

More so than an issue with how justified the exile was, to be is how convenient it plays out.

It just so happens that all the soon to be Void Elves were alliance sympathizers and not loyal to the Horde, thus when they were forbidden from studying the void in Quel’Thalas, they were very open to accept alliance help.

But what if the soon to be Void Elves were actually okay with being on the Horde? Would Lor’themar’s exile mean also exile from the Horde as a whole? Or just from Quel’thalas? Couldn’t they have relocated to any other Horde territories?

And again, why is the exile from Quel’thalas as a whole rather than just Quel’Danas? Is it strictly because they went against orders? Would that still mean having to leave the Horde if they didn’t want to?

So that’s my thing, it’s just way to convenient that it was all written to facilitate the VE being part of the alliance after leaving the horde. If any number of variables had happened differently, it’s as likely VE would have at least remained on the Horde, if not Quel’thalas.

Basically. Like even if they didn’t address it at all, it would all mean that yes, a Blood Elf can turn into a Void Elf and choose to remain on the Horde. It would most likely be an extreme outlier, but not lore breaking.

yeah a glyph system would be easier and have no impact on gameplay and thus balancing, so that is a plus in terms of implementation.

But IDK, I do think it would be neat if there actually were some gameplay effects. We have so many talent nodes that ostensibly change how you play your class/spec, that it would be fun if those choices had more flavor.

When the problem is how much development Blizzard is willing to put in, saying that they should make another AR so that they can focus on the void aspect of void elves feels really counterproductive.

2 Likes

For all the complaints about them (from some people, I like them just fine), the dracthyr really drove home the point of how shafted so many of the races in the game are when it comes to customizing your character. Ideally the level of options given to our mini-dragons should be the standard for all the playable races. The fact that void elves can’t even change the color of their earrings is just sad. :frowning:

4 Likes

Specially now with the earring texture being standalone since Shadowlands, it would be so easy to add more jewelry colors for them (and all races TBH)

2 Likes

id love to see this in game.

1 Like

Well we do have Hair Color Options but not really alot of it in variety for Blondes and Browns for Example as whole as Blues, Pinks, and Ginger Orange.

Very much agree with the rest is what you said but this too is something I’m very keen to see about.

This!

There’s a lot of holes in the whole ordeal that really could have been solved with a slightly different origin, even if it was still from left field.

That’s fair.

Yeah. Flavor is something I wish they’d add back… I still bet on a glyph setup but I’m of the same opinion.

Louder for the people in the back!

Lol

Very much this.

Heeey! Me too.

Someone in the Worgen Tails Thread made a point earlier and I thought I’d talk about it here. (Linking to that post too)

Its a good point I think, that they added in the “new” aspect that shows up with further customization. This suggests that they do intend to add in further customization down the line and I would bet that they will definitely be adding more than hair colors as time moves on.

It may be that they’re waiting until they have simply more time to add in a great deal more customization.

I really do hope they have plans to make everyone equal to the massive amount of options Dracthyr got.

1 Like

That NPC uses Void Elf voice lines so he’s very much a Darkfallen Void Elf which is HILARIOUS!

With luck Blizzard will expand that concept with a less “silly” character who at least has some dialogue to give us more context.

Kinda sad that hes really more of a fabulous joke than something more important.

3 Likes

Whether that Darkfallen is meant to be a Dark Ranger or something like a San’layn, we really can’t know. Both feel equally plausible and I would really like to know what is he lmao.

If we take the joke at face value, he comes more like an alluring and beautiful vampire so I’m leaning more to something like a San’layn rather than a Dark Ranger.

See, don’t get me wrong, I love that VE’s have been given more options with almost no dev time effort. I just would really like if they explored those within the universe.

1 Like

It was given a more bizarre way like hey you played Dark Rangers in Warcraft 3 as Merc Heroes well now we can actually finally do that with Void Elves and Blood Elves. At this rate they might as well add Mok’nathal to the Alliance and Horde and make them Neutral Race. That’s as far as I see it so far with Blizzard’s off Directions.

Eh that doesn’t ring true.

1 Like

Alright! I finished porting the NE hairstyles onto the VE model!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq0qrOcXsAIAXT_?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq0qsLBXgAMwSLx?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq0qtNKWIAMQMgL?format=jpg&name=large
9 Likes

Absolutely wonderful! They fit so well!

17 Likes

They really do! Specially the long ones! I think I should add a back view for those!

5 Likes

where the ladies?

3 Likes

Soon!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fq1e2hLXgAEdJtD?format=jpg&name=small

4 Likes

oh wow. :smiley:

3 Likes

Blizz needs to lock a developer in a closet until this is done.

3 Likes