Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren'dorei) (Part 1)

Well, I am not saying anything about looking like Blood Elves. I am suggesting on something similar, but keeping it more unique for the Void Elves.

And actually, something similar to when Saurfang managed to peirce Sylvanas skin in the Mok’gora, maybe having some “Void Effect” to it. That is what I am suggesting.

1 Like

Smokey tattoos sound amazing.

I’d kill to have a purple version of her banshee form for an EE toggle. I seem to be willing to kill for a lot of things!

5 Likes

Even just as a concept for scars that could be neat to have some void show through.

1 Like

OMG I just LOVE the thick ponytail too! I think this is now one of my fav hairstyles :heart_eyes: I must add it to my list! And I love how the tendril falls among the rest of the hair behind the ponytail!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAxzMctWYAIJoVu?format=jpg&name=small

I also love those earrings and the pendant, so graceful and playful same time. I had to go and follow Sugillite now cause of this amazing work :smiley:

Oh wow, that would be wicked :open_mouth: !

Speaking about concepts. How long would it realistically take to bring just 4 of all those hairstyles we’ve been wanting to life for Void Elves? I really wonder. With WoW’s coding complexities, and with having to create them from scratch. How many hours would it take?

1 Like

I’m not sure what their map looks like for how they do colors, but I know hair is usually modelled in about a week-ish. But just making it is the least time consuming part of the process.

1 Like

I see. So about a week for one hairstyle or for a couple of them?

For one. You have to model it, test it, code it in, and do stress tests. Before that is the concept and planning, preparing whatever infrastructure is already in place for that type of cosmetic and make sure adding it doesn’t delete a quest npc.

1 Like

Playing a VE Monk and I absolutely adore their bow (elegant) and salute (so sassy), I’m getting a lotta mileage out of that one since I picked MoP for Chromie Time and have to deal with Rogers and others -_-

I’d imagine whatever time it takes to approve such things internally too.

1 Like

Yeah. We ran into this discourse in the Viera/Hrothgar thread on the FFXIV Forums. It’s relatively easy comparatively to make the models and fit them onto the character, it’s a whole other thing to mess with what is presumably spaghetti code and the oversight.

4 Likes

For all races, we need more pink customizations. Pink fur options for the tauren, pandas, vulpera and worgan. I would like to see more pink skin options too for possible races like velf, we can have a dark pink skin look.

Glitter in hair is a must for all races. :sparkles:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh…so for 8 hairstyles (4 for each gender) it’d take approximately 2 months if a single person was working on them?! I spoke with a community rep once who told me he loved my suggestions but that it takes a significant amount of time to create those hairstyles. Guess that’s probably what he was referring to. It’s been over a year since then tho, but at least they DID make several hairstyles for NB and LFD and HMT so fingers crossed there will be another wave which will include us in the future.

1 Like

Sugilite’s looks are so good! I’d love to see Velves get them.

2 Likes

This game definitely needs more pink, it’s such a rare color here.

6 Likes

https://giphy.com/clips/justin-lol-laughing-minions-CJyRX8btFziYLt3WAT

5 Likes

I wish my void elves had my hair style.

Humans get to have it, so why not.

3 Likes

There should be a universal set of hairstyles for everyone.

Everyone gets a standard ponytail, a standard mid-long length cut, etc. A lot of hair is too busy, or stylized to the point it makes them feel almost like niche cuts. It would be nice to see them release all the generic cuts for everyone so they could focus on racial flair instead. I don’t see why people shouldn’t enjoy Void Elf hair on other races because only we would have access to the tentacle option.

Blood Elves still need a toggle for their hair jewelry, if I remember right.

2 Likes

That’d be nice really. On some characters the updo looks very nice, but then the tiara ruins it for some mogs.

3 Likes

Stopped in to hopefully further push more void options for void elves- they could easily be one of my favorite races in the game if they touched on this. I think it’s such a cool & unique concept and I truly love all the art and references that appear in this thread. I love the void aspect and think it’s such a cool & unique idea, I would love to see starry/void effects on the hair or even skin like how it appears on their race mount. The skin tones that were showcased are very cool, especially the one where the normal skin starts to fade out into purple! They could definitely use more hairstyles that are unique to their race, not just more copy/paste, I also love the tattoo ideas I see in the photos. The EE coloration is very cool, I like how it’s a bit darker and more of a neutral dark purple that looks badass instead of bright blueberry (although the one we have now does look cool with certain mogs, more options would be nice!) the old god eye options are very unique and interesting I think that’s a great idea to really set them apart. Those mount redesigns look absolutely incredible too! I’d love to see them add more voidy stuff like mounts/armor/weapons in game. I’m truly in awe at all of the concept art I see, it really goes to show how awesome they could make this race and how they have access to a cool theme that could be expanded upon in really unique ways.

6 Likes