Void Elf Changes in 9.1.5

The inch has yet again been given and the mile is once again being asked for. They need to stop seeding the blood elves stuff to the void elves and start giving them more void(y) options.

5 Likes

I was planning to support the Blood elf fanbase but with all the arguments and the hate I dared not make any more suggestions as people might’ve perceived them the wrong way or not as what they wanted. But know that I will support any options you request for Blood elves, I have no issues with that fanbase other than just being allowed to make requests in peace.

4 Likes

doesnt matter what colors were given, they still would have asked for everything left out. it really is grotesque how an allied race has the parent core race customization option as well as its own original unique theme

if i want to play an alliance race i have to play the alliance. if they want to play the hordes most popular race, well, they have that choice

4 Likes

Sure let’s just ignore the fact that most of their options so far were voidy apart from their skins and people simply wanted some normal hair colours. I’ll just leave this right here https://imgur.com/a/WER8CFz if you cannot see the problem with this picture then you’re just plain lying.

3 Likes

Well people are always going to be negative no matter what, it’s easier if you just express your thoughts and opinions regardless of that, I always do.

4 Likes

Walk with me…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m actually quite happy with what we’re getting even though the colours are a bit of an odd choice. Even if they decide to not add a black, brown and white I am still grateful for what we’re getting, I’m just thinking of the others who wanted such colours, inc void elf fans.

7 Likes

It’s always nice to think of what others want in addition to yourself so that gets a like from me for sure. :wink: :wink: :wink:

3 Likes

Starry galaxy hair for void elves, pl0x. Also true black and true white, please?

10 Likes

No real void elf fan wanted natural hair colors hun.

4 Likes

Void Elves are Blood Elves.

6 Likes

I’m referring to stark white and jet black, as you know Fen supports these being added for Void elves as they really fit the high elf and void themes, and so do many other void elf fans as well. In fact you will be surprised but even brown can fit the void theme if it’s the right shade :wink:

5 Likes

I am just surprised they didn’t get black. Like even night elves got black hair lol. Even the void elves in stormwind use black hair. Just weird. Like black would be a void color.

7 Likes

The horde is there waiting for you

Replying respectfully, I fundamentally don’t believe that asking for additional customisation features—features, mind you, that make solid narrative sense, have story precedents aplenty, AND, considering that void elves are essentially a two-in-one race that includes high elves, work practically—is an issue in the slightest.

Customisation options aren’t a finite resource; they ought to be spread about when they make sense, because it gives you more options to express the ideal look of the character you want to play. And giving SOME blood elf options to void elf players—and vice verse—doesn’t mean that void elves miss out on new features. Asking for void elves to get new normal elf options, in other words, can exist beside requests asking for void elves to have more options. There isn’t a conflict.

I’m also seeing a lot of “See! Give them an inch. and they’ll take a mile. I knew it.” type posts here, too. Implying that we who are cool with the request for more options are selfish, ungrateful, and/or greedy. Is that really warranted? Does that add anything substantive to the conversation? Again, these options aren’t finite resources, and if you don’t want to adopt them for your character, no worries; don’t. It’s easy. The blood elves lose nothing with this being implemented. The gate keeping isn’t required.

2 Likes

if they’re wanting to focus on hair I’d love to see more like this.

VE hair: More gothic/Victorian hair styles with options to add void tendrils and void/high elf jewelry. Blues/purples/pinks/blacks/pure white.
BE hair: More farstrider/traditional elf hair and dark ranger hair styles with options to add feathers/jewelry. Reds/oranges/yellows/light greens.
Both: “natural” hair colors like blonds and browns. Some shared hairstyles.

Both could also use more jewelry and tattoo options as well.

5 Likes

Forgive me, but I haven’t seen word on them working in an option to toggle of the tentacles.

What’s the source?

That’d be fantastic—I’d love for that option.

3 Likes

A Blue post said they were working on possibly adding it for 9.1.5.

4 Likes

Very exciting. I’ll have to find the post. Real cool.

2 Likes

There you go. Probably should have linked this first, whoops :woozy_face:

6 Likes