Void Elf / Blood Elf Customization

i dont need your help with anything idc leave me alone stop obsessing over what i post

1 Like

Well to quote you on the topic of what we each choose to comment on :hugs:

As to your other comment that’s fine, then I won’t comment in an effort to help the conversation but I will comment on things I find hypocritical

3 Likes

Blizzard, if you’re listening, any customizations the elves aren’t happy with feel free to give to us Pandaren. We’ll take it without complaint.

3 Likes

I mean I’m not sure what elf ears would look like on Jack Black but let’s see if it blends.

3 Likes

I just pictured it and surprisingly it works.

I just wanted to say that your name is amazing.

Anyhow, this thread is redundant and a stealth high elf thread.

I’d much prefer using the real Blood Elf customization thread for Blood Elves.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

Ellincia here. From now on I’ll be posting on Visna in accordance with my EU Void Elf Warrior. I’d post on a Velf but can’t unlock them here.

Firstly, in regards to this recent altercation on Belf jewellery. Personally I find them quite nice, but I would not prioritize them over tattoos and scars. It indeed seems quite out of touch on Blizz’s part at the time. But calling them trash and garbage is a bit rude as people put effort in making that jewellery and some people do indeed admire them (myself included). But yes it shouldn’t have been prioritized over tattoos and scars. People have been requesting that for what, a couple years now? Poor EU Brigante passed away still wishing deeply for those tattoos and scars for his Blood elf, and never lived to see them. I’m still saddened by his passing, even if I served an opposing front.

I just want to clarify here that several Helf pros wish for customization on both Belfs and Velfs :slight_smile: including many amazing artists too. I always keep saying and try to advocate for both on EU, here and on Twitter for scars and tats for both Belfs and Velfs as well as support the requests for DRs / San’layn options. And I know that Rama is dying to see some proper DR customization incoming, and he’s the main artist for High elves and Void elves. I think that what’s actually happening is that people work each other up in here, trigger each other and end up saying things that are out of order. And even if I may not always advocate for Blood elf options, that doesn’t mean I oppose them.

I just want to say that Sara does not support or condone harassment of any type, and such accusations should not be made without basis especially towards someone who is completely unrelated to the event. Sara is a civilized person who would never condone this type of behaviour. Yes we all get heated in the forum sometimes, that doesn’t mean we are bad people.

We are not anti-belf activists, both me and Sara wish for customization on both Belfs and Velfs. I’m for one looking forward to any DR or San’Layn customization Blood elves might get with 9.2.5, and will be greatly disappointed if they don’t.

1 Like

She’s repeatedly told me to stop playing the victim just because I’ve been honest about my experience. And part of why I’ve spoken about it is so other people are careful about their information so that they don’t also get harassed.

Caring about other people is not a flaw.

4 Likes

Certainly not. Wanting to raise awareness and caring for others is fine. What is not fine is labelling people who are unrelated to the matter and have absolutely zero connections with it as somehow defending the harassment :slight_smile:

Again, she keeps stating that i am playing the victim. That does seem like she’s on his side.

5 Likes

I do not believe this was stated anywhere in this thread? She has kindly provided you with her discord tag where you can solve these differences between you should you wish. It’s fine if you don’t want to but she did make the offer

People aren’t going to give their discord information toward someone who’s constantly proven to be toxic. Not a good look to be like ‘you should have added in another platform to resolve differences’.

Not to mention, no names were said initially. If the shoe fits then it fits well, lol. She went on the attack on Avarie immediately. Excuses can be made for her all you’d like.

Maybe she shouldn’t respond so readily to the posts. If Avarie and everyone else bothered her that much, she’d put them on ignore. Plain and simple.

She also is blatantly bypassing the ignore system to pester people.

People are fed up with her nonsense. Including me. I was fed up a good long while ago. People won’t tolerate you defending her nonsense either. I certainly don’t.

good day.

5 Likes

While that certainly is acknowledged.

Why would anyone trust someone who has in the past decided to stop using forum names and start using real names?

Also agreed Falls, like what I quoted above

But the fact that’s their stance on the matter does prove Avaries point, correct?

I’d say Avaries point is accurate in this regard.

3 Likes

She doesn’t have to give out her Discord info, but one side did give out their info willingly in order to solve their differences.

I am not defending everything, I am objecting to labelling when Sara’s absolutely not related to these events, there may be different views among them but that does not equate to defending this sort of behaviour in any way.

Ok. It’s up to you if you want to be this way, no one can stop you.

1 Like

Well if you’re acknowledging that Sara’s stance when Avarie spoke about it was

While also attacking her about something else unrelated when she was speaking about it, that’s not exactly the image of someone who isn’t blaming Avarie.

And if anyone saw what Avarie said and came to the conclusion to tell her “stop playing victim” it’s a fair assessment on Avaries part to say that person defended the opposing side.

I get that you’re defending your friend but it’s not anyone else’s fault that the actions of that person match up w what Avarie has said.

Blood Elves can’t even look like our box art. They ignored our Farstrider options requests. No second visual theme despite losing visual uniqueness, and the guys can’t even use the jewelry.

4 Likes

Faction identity means nothing anymore. Factions are literally disappearing. The boundaries in 9.2.5 are already being pushed and Blizz said they will do more with cross-faction in the future. SO who cares about faction pride in a world where factions are about to dissolve? You’ve honestly been just taking a lot of nonsense lately. Everything you’ve said it’s too late. Blood elves identity is already infreinged beyond repair. A few more hairstyles won’t change anything. The faction identity is already dead. You’re trying to save something that’s already dead. Enough.

Worse? You mean better? We’ll stop once we get what we need. You think we will never be satisfied and we’ll whine forever… but that’s not true. We’re not satisfied now because we can’t play a full high elf. It’s still so incomplete that it’s not fun. We want just the hair styles, the entropic embrace toggle, maybe a change for their blood, voice reverb, and the name. But realistically, we would all probably be satisfied with hair styles and EE toggles.

No they don’t. They don’t have the hair. Dude male void elves look nothing like high elves with those hair options. Female void elves have a copy paste blood elf hair option, but males do not. That is hardly fair. Plus EE still exists and EE immediately ruins anything you are tying to set up for high elves. Just give us the toggle and the hair and I promise you 99% of the complaining would stop. I can’t attest to the other 1% because there will always be someone who complains. But at least threads like these can stop.

I’ve also been told that I defend the opposing side when all I did was tell them to go on the appropriate platform where this began and report that person there. I get it that she tried to raise awareness, but we don’t appreciate High elf / Void elf threads getting side-tracked with people’s private problems. Or telling people completely unrelated to the subject that they are defending this sort of behaviour. The ‘‘stop playing victim’’ comment was in the context that this subject was repeatedly brought up in High elf / Void elf threads. It didn’t equate to defending harassment.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can take “stop playing victim” when someone said what they said as any other way. Which if being associated w defending the actions of what Avarie went through is now the issue perhaps they should have thought of that before explicitly using the words “stop playing victim” that is a very specific sentence pertaining explicitly to Avaries situation isn’t it.

A lot of the forums don’t appreciate the spam of the threads either. There are many things people do or do not appreciate I am sure.

3 Likes

What I said is the above.

I don’t think this is a problem though. The Blood Elf-hair options look outdated and need a bit touched up, similar, how other races also needs a facelift.

It will not stop there, so much I can promise you. The bigger problem is still the misstep by Blizzard by making this race and defending their position of not adding High Elves to the Alliance.

If anything, these discussions will not end until the Alliance High Elves will become playable which might could happen within a 10-year span.