So, I did the Harbinger quest and I noticed Verana is there. She is undead now and mentions the void.
She says, “I trust Alleria. I’ve followed her through adventure, through war, through death itself. And I will follow her into the Void if need be.”
I don’t know enough about the chain of events that would be required for a Void Elf to also be a Darkfallen/Dark Ranger. Can someone elaborate?
I know the Void Elf playable characters have the undead option. I just assumed this was for the undead blood elves who followed Sylvanas and decided to go back to the alliance. But now we have Verana who is apparently a void elf undead.
The chain of events required for a Void Elf to become a Darkfallen would be to have died at any point during or after the Fourth War, and be reanimated by anyone with necromantic capabilities.
We still don’t know exactly how new void elves are being made, other than they have been recruiting and we have new members. Whatever process they did on the new void elves also worked on verana despite her being undead, thats my guess.
I didn’t know that new void elves could be made. I thought that all of them were from that initial group that experimented with the void and were expelled from Quel’thalas.
Since we now know any cosmic force can use necromancy, it’s possible some void elves have learned how to use it and are raising some of the blood elves who died in the fourth war by imbuing them with void magic
She could have been raised as a Dark Ranger and then defected to join the Ren’dorei at some point after Alleria resurfaced. Alternatively, given the plate armor and massive two-handed sword she’s carrying, it’s possible she was raised as a death knight instead and never joined the Forsaken, and just stayed with the Ebon Blade or was off on her own before Alleria came back.
I love that they’ve added Darkfallen into the Void Elf ranks as seen in Veldrakken and now in Telogrus Rift. It means more Void Elves and with that more to this nascent faction of elves. I think thousands will continue to rally behind Alleria because she was the superstar the hero of heroes its like having Gilgamesh return or Hercules or insert famous mythical hero and then have that hero call for followers to join them. I hope we see more and more elves joining the ren’dorei by Midnight a strong cohort of elves which are separate from the Quel’thelas faction.
There’s no reason why a Darkfallen couldn’t have joined Magister Umbric’s group to Telogrus Rift or joined at a later period after the Void Elves were already welcomed in the Alliance. Why do we assume that Umbric didn’t have any undead in his ranks?
Void and Death mix, the Emerald Nightmare is an example of this. The Emerald Nightmare is a Void construct, created by the Old God Yogg-Saron, which regularly reanimates fallen dragons and such to fight for the Nightmare.
There’s nothing lorewise against Void Elf Darkfallen.
Not only Alleria is the most famous hero of Quel’Thalas, she is also the highest-ranking living member of the Thalassian nobility. Alleria actually has the best claim to the throne of Silvermoon.
The Windrunners were always second only to the crown in terms of power and wealth. They owned a large spire and an entire village, and were traditionally in charge of the kingdom’s military. The Sunstriders are extinct and Alleria is the eldest-living Windrunner, therefore she has the best claim to the throne of Silvermoon.
Lor’themar Theron is nothing compared to Lady Alleria Windrunner; an unwashed peasant, nothing more. He could never compare.
You do realize he was second-in-command to the Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner, Yes? You do realize he’s the elf responsible for leading Quel’thalas into the prosperous state it is now, Yes? Compare this with Alleria who was not there for any of Quel’thalas’s lows, and who upon entering into it thanks to Lor’themar’s good will immediately tried to pull it back into the Alliance rather then actually connecting with her people?
The most famous hero of Quel’thalas is Dath’remar Sunstrider, its founder.
The Emerald Nightmare is NOT an example of Void and Death, it is an example of Void and Life/Nature. Yogg-Saron does not regularly reanimate fallen dragons to fight for the Nightmare – this is utter and blatant headcanon.
We do see void and death mixing all troughout northred though.
Death knight armor ia made of Saronite, galakrond was made by Yogg saron.
The one thing though is that apparently the whispers of the void don’t affect the dead, so a Darkfallen in theory has nothing to lose in being infused by the void.
Nothing to lose and everything to gain. A Void Elf Darkfallen would be resistant to the Void whispers and also be given close to if not outright living conditions that are augmented by void powers. Galakrond while Void infused was an undead monstrosity but also capable of eating and spreading its undeath. The Scourge ghouls who harvested Saronite would not go mad and enjoyed the armor created by the Old God coalesced blood. Pretty great for the undead Darkfallen Void Elf.
His model actually looks good. Alleria now is just an edgier Vereesa.
Sylvanas and Kael’Thas are our most glorious heroes. Not that turncoat of a traitor who loves human approval more then her own people who left the Alliance for good reasons.
Lol what no she doesn’t. There is no reason Quel’thalas should switch sides. What drugs are you consuming here.
I like the normal Dark rangers better. Everyone who served directly under Sylvanas is now on our side and those are the best of the best. Perhaps she can lead them again once she is back from the Maw.
I never seen the dude actually fighting, I know he can, I’ve seen him carrying his sword, he also seem to have helped in defeating Azshara, But i don’t think i’ve seen what kind of fighter he is.
He also seems to be very much able to talk his way into every victory, man has skills.