Voice Chat Error #2 (updated - Solution found)

since the latest patch I can’t use Voice Chat in game or in Battle.net. Tried the scan and repair option in Battle.net last night. That not only didn’t work it broke my battle.net. Ultimately deleted Battle.net (as per instructions) and WoW and reinstalled multiple times. Finally got Battle.net to work properly and can access game but still can’t use voice chat in game (VC error #2) or in battle.net ( BLZBNTBNA00001388 error).

this ruins my WoW experience enough (as my friends use VC and not discord to communicate in game) that I’ll most likely cancel my subscription if I can’t find a solution to the problem.

OS Mojave 10.14.5

Please help

After going back and forth with Blizz tech support via web ticket for the past couple of days it was determined that a recent update to Battlenet randomly resets the privacy settings for voice chat on some accounts. Blizz tech had to manually reset the bnet permissions for me. So, if you start having this issue and getting the errors noted above, when you open a web ticket specially ask them to check if you’re bnet vc privacy settings have been changed, on their end, first to save you and Blizzard a lot of time and trouble.

Very pleased issue was resolved and pleased with the service I received.