Voice Chat disconnect during gameplay

I am having a problem where the voice chat will randomly disconnect during gameplay of a dungeon or raid. The voice mic and voice audio are just fine, but I would say within an hour of voice time the comms will be silent and when I check the voice chat. It shows as being disconnected.

Has anyone else had this issue and what can I do to fix it? WoW is the only game I having issues with and other games like Overwatch work just fine.

Hey there Atherion,

The most common culprit of voice chat issue is a conflicting third-party program. Try closing potentially conflicting programs/applications by disabling startup items with the steps below. Before trying the steps below, please close unnecessary programs and restart your computer:

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  2. Click More Details in the bottom-left.
  3. Select the Startup tab.
  4. Right-click on each item listed and select Disable. Make sure all are “Disabled”.
  5. Restart the computer.

If the issue is resolved after restarting your system, you can enable each startup application one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem. You will need to restart between each application you enable.

Note: To re-enable startup applications, follow steps 1-4 and select Enable.

If voice chat continues to disconnect after restart, scan & repair the game followed by a User Interface reset to fix up potentially corrupted or damaged game files.

I hope this helps!