Vision trouble

Hey fire mages,

I’ve had three failed attempts trying to get the 2 medium zones down without losing sanity.

My health is fine.

How are u guys doing it? I’m finding these really hard to solo from a sanity perspective.

If your health is fine, you could try making bigger pulls. That should save you some time. How does your research tree look?

I know my limits lol and I feel I may be way too squishy to go in alone so i’ve been going with a group of myself and 2 others every week and it works out for me…I solo’d the first 5 but after that I got some peeps lol…i’m at rank 7 now…playing frost too…

1 Like

As arcane, im able to solo the 2 bonus areas and get the main boss just for extra. My research is all in solo, and 1 point in the treasure finding, next research rank 1100. Rank 7 currently, ghastly goulash for food helps, essence of focusing iris helps pull and nuke larger packs.

1 Like

stormwinds a bit more time consuming than org it feels like

This has been my experience too.

First 5 are easy (invis to door, kill guards, nuke Thrall, win), but now I join a group with a Tank and 1-3 other dps. Heals aren’t really needed as the damage itself is negligible. Make such a difference not having to kite while pumping out mediocre damage, especially when you can on occasion spend 10-15 seconds moving out of everything and unable to get a cast off (made even more annoying in Stormwind with the buffs/debuffs that punish movement).

OP - I’d suggest finding groups. Fire has the ability to melt large packs, so just get the tank to pull big and don’t stand in the bad.

Here’s my advice, play Arcane in Visions, Arcane AoE with Quick Thinking is just about the best build in the game for Visions right now.

1 Like

Stormwind is flat out harder this week than Orgrimmar was last week. Part of it is likely this week’s corrupted madness effect, but I doubt that is the full reason for the difference.

I just spent a few keys on Stormwind HV seeing if I could do both corrupted areas and defeat Alleria, but my best attempt was to get her to 2% before sanity kicked me out. This was with the advantage of the new HV foods. Without the new food it was still fairly easy to complete two corrupted areas and defeat Thrall last week.

I think I’ll start using keys only in Orgrimmar unless I am about to go over the cap on keys/currency. It feels like a waste of a limited currency to use them in Stormwind when they will likely fetch a better return via Titan research in Org.

I was trying to do my 7 rank and did the first part with full health and sanity restored and then all of a sudden died out of nowhere.

Successfully, did SW vision last night, including 2 bonus areas plus Alleria (all in one run).

I messed up activating my first orb too late, so didn’t have the extra 500 sanity from the talent. But I still had maybe half my final sanity bar left when Alleria died.

Did the vision with the following:

• Ghastly Goulash food
  • Flask
  • Arcane spec
  • 3x Quick Thinking - between that and the food I don’t think my health ever dropped below 90% even on larger pulls.
  • Mostly single-target gear. 2x Equipoise. Only one piece with arcane explosion trait on it. I used gear giving me 29% crit and 35% mastery. For AOE I find having extra mastery helps a lot. 25% mastery may sim higher for single-target, but doesn’t work if you run out of mana mid-pull while AOEing.
  • AOE talent setup.

When transitioning between areas the best strategy seems to be to ignore all adds till you get to the new objective area. Just ride on through. When you get there cast Invisibility to drop aggro. This saves having to spend time killing a lot of extra adds.

Can’t drink invis potions in combat.

I didn’t realize that. Good to know.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. Think I’m gonna group up for them after rank 7.

Edit: actually I might try it tonight as arcane. See how it goes.

I decided to try beyond rank 5 and I’m at rank 7 right now. (solo only)
One thing I felt was, I don’t think I’d be able to do the high corrupted areas as fire solo.
I barely made it through 2 medium corrupt areas. I was able to get Thrall+2 medium zones just because of the restore 500 sanity+rez perk.

I know its because I’m pulling single packs one by one.
But I’m not sure if I could manage 2 spells that need to be interrupted (pulling 2 groups).
Counterspell has a somewhat long CD and while I do have Dragons Breath,
some times the mob continues to cast the same spell that needs to be interrupted after the disorient duration runs out. (so for example the guards before the main boss, I alway sheep one of them)

Bosses are going down extremely fast though.
Combustion and their dead within a few seconds.

I haven’t thought of using RoF as fire since I love Frenetic Speed for its kiting capabilities, but maybe I should give RoF a shot. (although I feel like it will be hard to manage because of the ignite debuff. I really hate that ignite automatically spreads now. )

I also don’t have corrupted gear thats useful.
Maybe if I could get echoing void, it would make trash pulls more quicker.

1 Like

I got my rank 7 but i’m trying to decide what to do for rank 8: pick at it or just group up and get it done in one shot.

I have an arcane set of gear that I’m trying questing in … much easier than fire for the most part. May see how I make out …… but damage in the visions isn’t the problem i’m having. Im not managing my sanity well enough to survive a full run or two corrupted zones and the main boss.