Viper's Venom: wtf?

I really wish they would move away from the current iteration of viper’s venom. We HAVE to take it to play wildfire infusion, and playing WFI means taking the poison injection route on the class tree is a waste because having serpent sting as a manual button and also having it as a 30% proc change is redundant for 95% of the time. So any WFI build by definition means we are discouraged from taking a specific path in the class tree(serpent sting), and vice versa. This is such a glaring conflict between the class tree and the surv tree and I’m surprised that this is still staying as it is right now. Why not just revert it back to a dmg amp proc? Any form of passive RNG application is NEVER fun gameplay.

5 Likes

It is confusing to me as well. WFI infusion should be right under wildfire bombs. Like blizzard saw that since BFA that hunter take that talent 99.99% of the time, and yet they scraped it somewhere in bottom of tree line after 2 point talent that has absolutely nothing to do with WFI.

1 Like

At this point I wish they’d at least just replace it with Kill Shot reset+access procs. Then it would at least have a manual release and wouldn’t effectively lock us out of Serpent’s Sting (+Hydra/Injectors) — instead having only some minor anti-synergy with Coordinated Kill.