Vipers sting

Healers are overtuned relative to the incoming damage with this weekends experiment, this is irrelevant to my point:

Vipers sting is insanely toxic, and I don’t want to be the type raging about another class, but it’s gameplay implications are terrible. It should be a decently long cast, rather than an instant. It’s also only going to get worse assuming some degree of damage Dr remains in the same, elongating pvp engagement.

While it is dispellable with a poison dispel, and some consumes, this one ability, and it’s spammability, is forcing casters and healers to not play the game. A related problem Vipers sting makes worse, is our inflated mana bars without new water. When healing, to fully top my mana is about 30 seconds of sitting, not playing the game. A couple of hunters can just kill your ability to actually play the game. Mana Burns in general suck imo, but at least mana burn itself, is a long cast, and it doesn’t drain nearly as much as viper.

While mana management as a healer is an important game mechanic, a fire and forget mana burn is not. Getting chased down by a hunter who ooms you, while outrunning you is not good game design. This is to say nothing of the visual clutter and screen flashbomb of six freezing traps in any large bg engagement.

3 Likes

if only there was a consumable that was spammable and isn’t on the potion cooldown you could use.

I’m at a loss… Powerful Antivenom?

Do tell please

Damn, that’s really good. I assume that’s not on GCD either?

season 2 drain meta 75 minute slugfests lets go boys

1g40 on my server we are so cooked

If only there were classes that could dispel poisons, or even consumables you could use to dispel it yourself

if only…

Cry me a river. Viper stings are counter to the entire “healing is op”. Similar to mortal strike. This is called balance.

Working as intended. Enjoy the game

3 Likes

Shoots you with Viper Sting through the terrain

Drains you through the walls and terrain

I gotta check out Blood Moon with this nerf.

Literally read the first thing I wrote. Damage intake relative to healing power is it’s own, albeit tangential problem. Mortal Strike is a mechanic to play around. If you don’t have a poison dispel you’re SoL, and then drinking for thirty plus seconds.

Mana drain warlocks.
Mana burn priests.

Your move.

Yeah not a fan of those either, but at least they cost a meaningful amount of resources for the caster, have a long cast or channel, and drain less. These are not the same

“Those don’t count, because…because they just don’t, okay!?”

Whatever you say man.

Okay let me reiterate:

I don’t like them, I’d prefer no mana drains personally

…but

They are not the same because, unlike viper’s sting they:

1. Have an actual cast time or channel
  2. Meaningful mana cost, bc hunters don’t care about mana
  3. Drain less

Hopefully your reading comprehension has improved in the last few minutes. Being able to spam an instant cast massive mana drain with the opportunity cost of a gcd on an entire team, is egregious

this entire essay you wrote about 1 ability is 100% countered by having a group member dispel it. wow. wtf is wrong w SoD’s community

whats even CRAZIER is you’re not only alliance, but a dwarf. wow.

2 Likes

Blizzard can just make it to where it can be resisted. It is considered a nature spell right? Allow nature resistance to combat it. Add a 10-15 secs CD to Viper Sting. Problem solved.

1 Like

A 3 minute CD versus a spammable ability. Nice counter. If it were damage I’d be inclined to agree. Just dispel it is an okayish argument for things like void plague or flame shock. These are powerful abilities over time, and they both have CDs. Viper has no CD, hardly any cost at all, and instead of doing damage sends you back to drink… which is it’s own issue because of scaling without adequate water.

I don’t understand why people are so opposed to this one grievance. One class has the ability to ~spam~ a resource drain. They can do this on the move and tab targeting. I’m not saying remove this ability, but it needs a cool down, or some other drawback. It’s too oppressive and unfun to play against

1 Like

So ask your opponents to not use them.