Vicious Saddles Abuse

One of my desires for becoming a Community Council figure was to address some of the more prevelant abuses that player use in this game. I want to see them either officially validated or purged.

A player earns the initial seasonal PvP mount - whichever it may be. The second time a player goes through and reaches the marker of 99% out of 100% in the seasonal PvP ladder just before they are given the vicious saddle as a reward.
That player can enable any multiples of additional clients from starter account / accounts on their Battlenet. By doing this, turning down the quality of all the settings so you have 2-8 clients running at once. Once a player goes over 99% to reach that 100% reward of a vicious saddle. That saddle is given to every character currently logged in at the time.
This has been an active and available thing to do for years now. Some people have been able to go through and learn 16 mounts in a matter of a day. (If you learn a Horde vicious mount, you are given its Alliance equivalent - 8 clients = 8 saddles)

There is a slight requirement where a player may have to level that alt on one of their starter accounts to level 17. (I think it was 17 at one point. ) It’s nominal in the time investment. To be able to purchase the vicious saddle mount from the vendor.

This type of mechanic completely degrades a variety of community challenges I am a part of. The completion rankings, mount collecting, the general integrity of being able to do this is lessened.

I don’t not know the particular rules for this type of posting. I have more issues like this I would like to see addressed. If the post is retracted, please forward this down the pipeline.

4 Likes