Very new elderly player looking for Guild

As the title suggests, I am 56 yrs. old and have very limited experience playing WoW. I am looking for a guild that can take a noob and turn him into a raiding machine. I ain’t much for pvp, for me, pve is where it’s at and I want to learn all there is to learn about the game, raiding, gear and anything else that’s relevant to my progression. I am very time flexible, live on the U.S. East Coast and am ready to learn.

2 Likes

Hello Aldaril!! We would love to have you if you’d be interested in coming to Whisperwind! We love helping people new to wow and helping them come into their element! <From Ashes> is an alliance guild my husband and I lead on the Whisperwind/ Dentarg servers. We are a social/ casual guild with a low stress raiding environment. Most of our members are older members with children and full time jobs. Our goal is to have a guild that feels like a family, where our members actually care about one another and want to hang out. We are firm believers that real life comes first and that this is supposed to be something we enjoy, not a job. We raid Wed/ Sun from 8p-10p cst (but raiding is definitely not required), have lots of off night events scheduled (in game and out), and a pretty active discord (we use it as an extended guild text chat and guild website). We try to do as much as we can together as possible whether that be fun runs/ mythic dungeons/ raids/ achievements/ etc. Here is our guild spam if you want to check it out: [A] From Ashes (Dentarg/ WW) LFM

If we sound like a good fit and you would like to chat please contact me in game or add my btag: Chelusa#1974. Good luck in your guild search! :slight_smile:

Aldril,

As Namaah said we’d love to have you in From Ashes. I am more than willing to turn you into the most bad a ** raider you want to be. I am the Raid Lead for the guild and have helped others find their spot on the raid team. we also have other members who are more than willing to help you through the learning curve and the leveling process. Look forward to talking to you more I can be reached at bnet Rally#11328

Thank You Namaah for responding. :sunglasses:

Just so we are clear, I am truly a noob to WoW. I did solo play starting in Wrath and ending in Cata. My experience can be measured in weeks, my knowledge of the game consists of knowing how to mash the skillbar buttons to kill mobs, that’s about it.

I truly want to become proficient in the game and become an asset to my guild/team. I want to learn the ins and outs in a progressive manner. I know that WoW is daunting for new players, especially this far into the expansions. My hope is to get in with a casual/semi-hardcore group that is willing to put up with a complete and utter noob and turn him into the aforementioned “raiding machine”.

I’m really into gear progression and learning how to obtain said gear. I don’t mean to be long-winded and come off as being picky, it’s just that I joined my current guild and it has become a nightmare due to some people not having patience for me as a new player, thus the storybook for you to read.

I do have Discord installed so that is a plus, and if you desire, I wouldn’t mind if you wanted a voice chat “interview” to get a feel for what is expected of me and what I might want from the guild.

Looking forward to speaking with you. :grinning:

Earthen Ring - Gentlemen of the Road guild is run by me, a 58-soon-to-be-59-year-old gamer geek and my 48-soon-to-be-49-year-old gamer chick girlfriend. You’d be welcome with us.

You can battletag-friend me at Kaldara#11970 if you want.

Thank You Rally. I hope that you don’t mind that I prefer playing a DPS caster, Arcane Mage, Affliction Warlock. I know that the Warlock has a steep learning curve, thus it would be an alt I would build in the future. But, I am open to learning other specs as well.

As I explained to Namaah, I want to become an asset to my guild/team, I truly don’t want to feel I am a liability to anyone. I have “much” to learn and you guys have “much” to teach me, I hope that won’t be a problem. As long as I am learning in a progressive fashion, I won’t feel overwhelmed as I know there is a ton of info I need to know.

I look forward to meeting and speaking with you. :grinning:

Aldril,

That is fine. I can tell you i will take the time to help master your class as I have done in the past for others. I love helping and teaching people.

Add my battletag BJensen28#1130 would love to talk to you about joining us