VERY long ticket wait times + false account reports

Blizzard, im sorry for making this public here, but this needs to be fixed.

I am a normal mindless WoW farmer in wow, who likes to make gold, so sense selling Dungeon runs / boosting IS allowed in TRADE CHAT, I advertise my SERVICES ( which is under trade TOS )
With this issue, brings upon the salty amount of bot farmers, who auto report you with multiple accounts ( for a false report ) to get me banned for something like this.

Ive already been punished once by blizzard for this for " LANGUAGE " reports towards me, I’ve tried to appeal and literally gotten no where. I cant even get blizzard involved in a timely manner for these types of issues, without fear of being 30day ban for their automated system.

Can i please get some type of GOOD customer service here? We are paying customers, and to be in fear of a ban for FALSE reporting, makes this game less and less appealing to play after almost 20 years

PLEASE BLIZZARD… Just give me some of your time, and not this god awful automated systems that PUNISH INNOCENT PEOPLE

2 Likes

Are you using TRADE CHAT or are you using TRADE SERVICES? You may now only post your dungeon runs/carries/boosting type services under that new channel.

Individuals and guilds selling boost or assistance in raiding, dungeon, or PvP activities for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade Services chat channel.

6 Likes

Sorry to inform you but advertising your m+ sales in trade chat is not allowed and I will also definitely engage in reporting you. Move to the trade services channel where nobody will report you.

6 Likes

Trade chat. and what trade services?

there is no Trade Service option in classic WoW.

By default it is Channel 5 in city area chat.

You can access your chat channel settings by right-clicking on the top of the chat box and choosing SETTINGS.

That will then give you CHAT options. Just select CHANNEL to see all the active chat channels you are using.

there isnt a service option in my Channels options

In the Chat options, click the CHAT DEFAULTS button and it will reset all your chat channels back to default.

You would report someone who has been playing this game for nearly 20 years for this instead of telling them the proper channel to post it in? Disgusting.

2 Likes

tyvm that clarifies all of it for me

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

1 Like

To be honest, doesn’t matter how long they’ve played for.

2 Likes

One could argue that someone playing that long would know better, but not everyone keeps up on all of the rules and policies that they should to avoid these situations. And too, when reporting, you don’t know the history of who is breaking the rules, only that rules are being broken. Perhaps it is their first time, perhaps it is their tenth and one step away from full account closure. We, as players, don’t know and don’t need to know someone’s history to know that they’re breaking the rules. Perhaps you may not be quite so militant in reporting people, but others are. Rules are rules, and if they’re being broken then they should be reported. Getting sanctioned can be a harsh lesson, but often it is a lesson learned, which is the goal.

I’m not sure where the 30 day ban fear is even applicable here unless you were being hit in the AV AFK banwave recently? But just to touch on the timely part of this - right now tickets are averaging about 4-5 days turnaround. It has been upwards of 5-7 for the past several days due to several factors just overloading the system. So yes, everyone is backlogged and they’re trying to get all of the tickets answered and cleared. Normally, most tickets are addressed within 24 hours. That is just sadly not the case right now until they finish trying to clean up the muck of the banwave issues and the issues cropping up from the WotLK Classic pre-patch events. And too, just making sure that you are not advertising in LFG either. They will hit you hard for posting advertisements there too.

I’m sorry you’re having a time of it. You are absolutely allowed to appeal and appeal again until you’re warned that no more will be accepted. I do wish you luck in getting things taken care of.

3 Likes

I’ve seen some folks accidently put it into the wrong chat / simply not know the new changes so I help them.

With classic since they don’t have that trade services channel, what can they do?

1 Like

i agree with this

I just want to clarify something as it wasn’t clear to me with your initial post. The Trade Services channel is only available in Retail version of the game (at least at this point).

So if you were referring to posting in a Classic game, then the Trade Services channel would not apply to you. In that case, I do believe any advertising would still only be allowed in the normal Trade Chat channel.

4 Likes

Don’t spam their services in chat.

This is new, explain how bots can auto-report: that would be a tricky bit of code that would point right at the source I think.

Ya i know but if they put it in /2 (trade) instead of /5 (services) a whisper “hey that’s in the wrong channel this is the channel instead” prevents issues.

I dont see a whole lot of that anymore though