Very Extended Maintenance

I wouldnt mind my Shaman being restored to 48hrs ago…before I unlearned my professions…stupidly

Thank you so much for the update and transparency. People will gripe and moan but there are many of us that appreciate everything the Blizzard staff does to keep Azeroth going.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Are any of these people you talked to actually helping the problem get fixed, or this is just reminiscing by the water cooler?

This is a painful lesson for you guys when doing something like this and when you’re about to do classic Wrath and that like majorly WoW sub favorite expansion. It would be nice if you guys just release Deluxe Edition right now while we wait. >.>

1 Like

It’s embarrassing the amount of people that defend a multi billion dollar company messing up what should have been a moderately seamless launch

16 Likes

Suddenly a two week prepatch and rushed out release date don’t seem like such good ideas, huh?

28 Likes

I remember 2007. It was literally a week or two after my grandfather died. I logged in thinking “This will take my mind off things” only to have the Reaver rush to the portal exit and start banking people. Then the server crashed. Then it came back. Then it crashed. And that kinda went on for 2d then they killed them off permanently for almost a week.

1 Like

Thank you for communicating with us.

/Back to wurk

1 Like

Because Blizzard hates blood elves? Sounds like a good enough reason to me.

1 Like

Blizzard has ensured that all fans of classic will fell like they did over 10 years ago when TBC came out. “extended maintenance” on patch day. People act surprised, but think back to all the patches of classic, TBC, WOTLK, and Cata. Now can you name a time that their patch kicked off with out problem and they opened up the servers on time? I wonder how long servers will take to open on June 1st.

1 Like

Just to double check, this is the multi-billion dollar company we’re dealing with, right? I’d like to think that they’re able to process more than one request at a time.

nah, they were still in middle school.

2 Likes

May we receive 24 hours of game time for the inconvenience ?

6 Likes

Thank you for the very well-reasoned and calm response. I know that working in a customer-facing position can be difficult (especially when dealing with people whose expectations are not met!), but I hope that I can speak for others that this is the sort of thing we need to be seeing more of.

Personally, I just wish this discussion could have happened at 1 pm server, instead of over 5 and a half hours later.

4 Likes

so it was YOU!!!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Hollywood movies, Car releases, and Iphones tend to have more than 8 hours to complete their task. Could they have snapshotted and split earlier? maybe but that would have required people losing days of progress essentially meaning the game was down for all the days they spent preparing.

4 Likes

Okay so I’m not the only person with that on my mind.

This occurred to me too.

Of course the mailboxes were going to be filled to the max - how was this not anticipated? I feel like your team spent very little time preparing for what we as players knew could be a problem… but, that’s par for the course. The Blizzard team has a serious disconnect with the people who play this game. Just take a look around, very little positive sentiment out there.

10 Likes

Damn us players for using the in game mail service despite having no warnings prior about mail issues.

I guess they should have shut down the Mail as well as the Auction House?

6 Likes