Version 8.3.7 Update Notes

It could be back-end programs that need to be change because of how things work in shadowlands.

What they mean is they didn’t touch the spells and abilities and the client side of things.

They might change how things communicate with their servers, how server connection talk to each other, layering features and phasing technology.

All things invisible to us.

3 Likes

Why? :rofl:

People are in here complaining about eight hours of scheduled maintenance… do you not remember the days when eight hours was the minimum every Tuesday, and it maintenance often ran much longer? Sheesh. Have some appreciation for the fact that the server folks have seriously cut downtime overall and be patient when longer maintenance is warranted.

And also remember that, when maintenance is scheduled for eight hours these days, it rarely lasts the full eight hours.

8 Likes

They forgot what the first few week of an expansion maintenance are like. And pre-patch.

We’re going into that phase where maintenance will become longer. Big changes ahead.

That’s good to hear. I don’t mind the maintenance honestly. I’d rather play a game that actually runs well. Just unfortunate timing on my part since I’m off today. Guess its time to go grind Classic in the interim.

Ahhhh okay.

You always this anti-consumer or just a shill for blizz? I agree that the EULA protects them. Doesn’t mean it’s a ‘nice’ thing to do to customers.

1 Like

Servers already back up, everyone losing their minds LOL

3 Likes

complain when blizz dont fix things. complain when blizz fix things.

ITs been 15 years. Tuesday is day off.

4 Likes

Why do they always do patches during the morning for US servers? Why not start them at like 2AM and then when we wakeup the servers are patched?

I haven’t even tried are they really on?

On a 1h maintenance I spam the login after 10mins lol.

Actually, this is still the one game that gives that long for a maintenance. Granted, it usually never lasts that long anymore, but, most games would be 4-6 hours or even less than that for their down time/maintenance. It’s shocking how behind the decade WoW is with it’s server/capacity, but considering the game actually runs on spaghetti code often times, it doesn’t surprise old players much.

New players would not know of when they took longer.

Yeah, I suspect it will be up in 2 hours from the time this post is posted, tops, so it would be something like 4-6 hours instead of 8.

Also, editing, yeah they are up. They just love to overshoot things instead of undershooting them. All hop on and check those chests.

They were up within an hour.

1 Like

darn i guess they didn’t fix tab target

1 Like

they also wrote on the German forums that they are using the update/maintenance to fix the backend systems that caused the massive problems when they tried to do the server mergers there 2 weeks ago.

Npcs are getting SL facing changes first.
I guessing.

are non player facing changes tht thing in SL where the faces of npc stare at you as u walk by like ur so thicc?

Backend changes can take awhile. Remember there’s a lot that goes on under the hood that we don’t see that has to be updated before we get the ‘in our face’ update changes.

This does mean we’re probably looking at pre-patch here before long.

3 Likes

Plus it seems to me we’re down many hours every Tuesday just for the routine maintenance and maybe changing the weekly events over or something. I just don’t expect to play between 10 and 4 EST on Tuesdays and if they run an hour or two longer than that for a pre prepatch update, wooptydoo.

Ah well, was just curious what the patch was and surprised at all the whines about game being down for hours on a Tuesday when the game is always down for hours on a Tuesday…

there are new soulbind abilities that adjust gameplay slightly when you are facing or when the mob is facing you? cant remember … i think its backend code stuff for that?