Versatility vs crit. The showdown of bdks

No im saying when my versatility was highest stat behind mastery, i wasn’t doing too well. I decided to change it up, and have been doing so much better i thought I’d share.

On a side note, i use consumption and not hemo so my ds damage is all its own so yall can’t even be like "that’s a crap crit " to the near 15k ds i referenced earlier. because i don’t run +content, i don’t need hemo to stay alive from ds.

What is misleading about the fact SimC and raidbots don’t use complete ranges or information? They do not use either fully. That’s an actual fact. Its not even my original idea. I found a reddit post on this and copy pasted the points the guy made about the simulators and why yall erroneously claiming versatility is baas. He was confronted to ask the acherus discord and the top 3 bdks from disc replied.

I literally put all the pertinent info in my original comment above.

Not my fault yall thinking this is all me.

They guy who started all this is not running content like me. Hes one of you guys. He m+ and raids and bought in to the aotc achievs.

Yeah i do not care about any of that junk. It does not change the fact that instead of slowly chunking small bits of monsters life with versatility and instead using crits to crush everything, I’ve found that 1, its much faster than it was when building up versatility.

2, crits are not impressive till they are happening all the time, which they do for me.

3, versatility is about 13% more expensive than crit and so doesn’t get as high % per point as crit.

4, parry is tertiary. It literally only matters in every content i do normally run but won’t make any difference otherwise.

5, crit does make a difference because it takes a roll on all outgoing damage just like versatility even if not constantly successful like versatility. And while not constant at lower %, its pretty consistent when buffed up. Not to mention a stronger, overall damage increase in The capacity that at 15%versatility it increases all damage by 15% and crit at 15% is 15% chance per attack to do double damage on every attack. So 100÷15 is about 7 and some change. So every 7 hits going to crit. But every tick of dot counts just as well as instant damage and melee spell attacks and they all have a independent chance to hit critical.

At 20%, it drops to every 5 hits. 25, 4 and so on. So, if i had enough funds to actually buy crit haste gear to replace all my versatility and i somehow got my crit up above mastery, and every 2.5 hits ran crit.

Then you would be where im at when i use my trinket and i melt everything’s face off.

Any times I’ve listed as having done something in, is purely speculative as i don’t have a stopwatch handy and i really don’t care to.which I’ve also said before.

Relatively speaking, my entire point is that killing speed went through the roof after i found that trinket and went with the thought of if i had more crit bwahaha.

And then i started Googling and found somebody that had already tried to use raidbots and SimC but wasn’t seeing results and so started doing it and then listed the issues i brought up above in my original post. He got replies from, as I’ve stated before, the top 3 bdks on the acherus discord.

Anyway, still meh.

Do you even know how %age and probabilities work? 3 hits is 2 crits? Wow that must mean you have 66.66666666% crit right? LOL.

On a serious note, you don’t even seem to know mechanics of the spec that you’re playing, and you’re telling people how SimC is wrong? This isn’t a fresh take, people did the math, crit sucks for the most part. You’re not special. This game is a series of mathematical formulas for the most part, as most stat-based games are. And crit sucks.

There are terabytes upon terabytes of logs available for public view. Go and find ONE example of Death Strike or Blood Shield (the mastery shield) giving a crit heal. One.

Are you aware that a 15% damage boost 100% of the time is mathematically equivalent to a 100% damage boost 15% of the time?

1 Like

so true :rofl:

Personally I find him entertaining. :joy:

1 Like

I’m hoping this entire post was satire. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Vers reduces magic dmg taken and special attacks, most creature special attacks cannot be dodged or parried

Vers increases the healing gained from bonestorm, death strike, fallen crusader proc and all other forms of healing you recieve from traits/essences

Vers increases all absorbs, meaning the azerite traits that produce an absorb long with essences and Death strike bubble and AMS.

in this way vers gets to double dip increasing the heal of death strike (thereby increasing the absorb) and on top of that increase the absorb a second time.

vers also gets to scale linearly with Armor and other dmg reduction affects, crit and by extention parry does not scale whatsoever with other defensive attributes.

Parry is on an island in terms of its defensive scaling with Armor, Absorbs and DR CDs its why using Rune Tap + DRW is a waste of a defensive CD.

now strickly for tank DPS Crit > Vers if you want to do maximum dmg as blood than you would stack haste trinks with as much crit/ver gear as possible, but the overall best way to gear is haste/vers as that is the best mix of defense and offense you can achieve.

This usually happens when you have no clue what you’re doing.

Its actually around 58 when buffs anf trinket are up.

But hey all hating on me going to do is prove you haven’t tried it.

Don’t seem and actually are 2 different things. Just because yall haven’t caught up yet doesn’t change that.

So it doesn’t heal crit. Whoopi doo.

Okay im pretty sure i said that.

Are you aware then they the same at that point but the visable kill rate is still going to be massively slower than the crit rate?

And as soon as your crit chance doubles the speed of a kill goes up even more astronomically? But versatility remains the same slow rate?

Actually until yall try it, you can’t really know anything. Because you all following a bunch of dudes that follows broken results from programs that do not factor in all the angles.

Now that stuff is Funny af.

But why not even Google the reddit posts i referenced? It’s not just me.

Is this not what I’ve been saying?

I never said abandon versatility, just to make crit higher than it so it gets as many chances to proc as possible.

I mean the only thing about versatility that would make it priority is the fact that it is so much more expensive to raise than all the other secondary stats. Making it harder to get it larger by a significant amount per point, especially compared to crit or haste(almost 14% more expensive) .

Lol. Except you’re not being specific in any capacity so all i can really say is go search for the reddit, read it, then tell me all that.

I cannot believe im catching flack from a bunch of slackers.

Yall can’t even manage to do a simple thing, you might as well ignore this post if you going to be as bad as the devs with doing actual work.

Entirely, utterly, uncontrollably, laughable.

I’m not going to go hunt down your “evidence” for you. You supply it, or it doesn’t exist in this conversation.

I can’t believe you’ve trolled this many people for this long.

Or, y’know, you can go to Acherus and hash this out with the actual theorycrafters for the spec. I’m sure your feelycraft won’t hold up.

1 Like

I can. It has been pretty impressive actually. Happens when there is nothing else of value or entertainment going on in the forums, people just love to argue.

It is like watching people argue with a flat earther.

“But have you actually seen it all yourself? Then you can’t possibly know the Earth isn’t flat!”

:popcorn:

I fully expect this thread to compete with the transmog thread unless someone gets it locked after popping a blood vessel. :rofl:

What if he isn’t trolling, and is actually that bad of a player? =/

2 Likes

And firmly believing “If i make LONG stupid posts it will make them right” :rofl:

I wonder what sort of “content” he does considering he doesn’t do seem to do, well, anything.

1 Like

But i have to go by a couple of simulation programs and yalls word its tops?

Not even laughable.

Or you could actually read my original post above where the guy that figured this all out did chat with top 3 bdks from disc.

Potato carrot, i guess.

Wow. High praise for all the wrong reasons lol.

Lmao.

Then i got to wonder why i got any replies at all.

But then again if im bad, why i survive so much? I mean yall have said at least 10 times i should basically be corpse walking the entire time because my talents, gear and lack of enchant or socketables.

Kinda makes your build look like donkey doo.

Except yall all incapable of reading them, so?

I do…whatever i want. Whenever i want.

But i guess doing my own thing is a crime.
Lol

Now that you guys have irreparably proven you can’t read or be original, it’s conclusive you’ll never be able to actually understand.

I like talking to walls tho, so this has been a great revelation for me.

Please, just tell us what content you do, and don’t say “whatever I want”. Give specifics like world quests, previous expansion farming, islands, N/H/M0/M+ dungeons, lfr/N/H/M raids.

For the lower end content like WQ, you don’t need survivability so you can use more crit. At the high end (mythic), you need to be able to survive first which is why vers is used there.

What hes saying is you are dishing out bad advise when it comes to gearing and your not doing the content or running any real numbers to prove your theory. Its sort of like taking weight loss advise from someone who is a hundred pounds overweight.

1 Like

This is silly, let’s just ignore that buffoon and move on.

I like your transmog Supervitti, it looks a bit like Captain Marvel :grinning:

Basically what the guy above me said. You’re like a kid that shoots hoops alone in a court on a cheap basketball hoop but you’re trying to tell NBA level players they play basketball wrong and your way is better than yours. Your profile show that you have done zero challenging content in any way shape or form. You have no credibility whatsoever.

You do solo world content at best and world quests, maybe some islands. You could max mastery and still breeze through that content. Of course you have faster killing power with more crit. But you’ve never been in any real danger. No raiding, no mythic plus, no content you can’t solo.

If that’s all the content you do, and you like crit, that’s awesome. Play it because it’s fun for you. But before you tell people that do and succeed at content 20x harder than anything you have ever tried that their build is inferior, you need to build a resume. People wouldn’t be mocking you like a joke if you had used your build for well…anything. If you were doing mythic 10s and at least heroic raiding with success, people would have to take a serious look and consider your stance. I could make this same post, stack mastery over all with no challenging or group content done, and say it’s the best build because my blood shields are bigger and it makes me a god. People would just laugh their asses off though. If I said the same thing and had done hard content, I would at least have an argument.

If you’re a super casual that does zero group or challenging content, no offense it doesn’t matter what your stats are. You’re just playing for you. Real professionals sponsored by companies like Red Bull that win the mythic dungeon invitational write these guides and crunch and test these numbers. Do yourself a favor and leave the stern advice to the professionals. Trust me they’ve tried everything and coordinated with other professionals to confirm what is best. What you like and what is statistically best are not the same thing dude.

2 Likes

This thread delivers.

2 Likes

the actual truth is that none of these stats matter on anything past a 5ilvl difference between two pieces. The truth is that strength is EVERYTHING and secondaries should be ignored. not like this with every class but dk is the one.