Versatility Diminishing Returns

Hello all!

So it goes without saying that us PVPers should stack as much Versatility as possible, even at the expense of other stats, since Versatility is the king of stats in PVP.

But I’m curious as to how this might change, if at all, since stats now have diminishing returns.

Here’s a reference:

So should we still stack Versatility as much as possible (up to 126%), or is there a point where stacking Versatility isn’t worth it compared to the opportunity cost of the other stats, and we should focus more on our second/third most important stats?

I don’t it’s a terrible stat and wish they get rid of it. Versa is a bonus stat and it’s not a core stat you would use to make an ACTUAL build.

Versa is NOT a PvP stat!

PS - Stat DRs are lame and another uneeded move ruining fun in making builds.

Based on what I am seeing with systemlands I am leaning toward your side of the argument now. To me with what they have done to PVP gearing I think versa is a very bad crutch and actually makes things worse.

Mastery, Haste, and Crit all actually make specs play differently. Versa stacking is something that isn’t needed as they can do a global damage reduction buff for instanced PVP. So forcing players to gear ver is actually robbing PVP players the ability to use the gear in PVE.

If BlizZard believes gear is gear then it needs to be fair and go both ways.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Idk… with dmg what it is at 60 sounds like a death sentence to not be using vers gear. Which is lacking in pve.

Simply remove DR for vers in pvp. Not the best system but works for now.

BlizZard can do a global damage reduction in PVP if damage is too high in instanced PVP.

I mean is BlizZard actually trying to balanced WORLD PVP? Based on what I am seeing that is a big fat nope.

Versa stacking is a ploy by BlizZard to forced PVP players to carry around two gear sets. Ironic that WoD gearing system was removed because PVE players complained about carrying two sets of gear for PVP.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I don’t think we are going to be hitting dr on stats season 1. It may take another season or two before we get there. There were a lot of azerite traits and essences that buffed you to absurd levels of secondary stats in bfa. All the 60s you inspect here on the forums have mid teens on stats.

Right and the problem is Versa gear doesn’t make an ACTUAL build. So your proposed option is stack Versa which FEELS horrible and you don’t get to play the game or use your core stats to make a fun build and be squishy.

This is why the system doesn’t work. Versa is a terrible stat and it’s in the way of playing the game. So we need a 3rd stat that is a real PvP stat.

1 Like

i mean it depends on how that trinket bonus is applied. Im not at max gear and no vars on weapons yet and have 16% vars before the trinket bonus. that puts me at a little over 22.4 at ilvl 165 with bonus. it would be interesting if a capped out player hit the DR and the 10% loss made the gear equivalent to the prior tier. i could see blizzard doing something dumb like that.

Totally not true. I am already just touching the first Mastery DR with the Kyrian 350 mastery proc from Divine Toll. It’s not hard to get too 30% rating for the first DR. So will be interesting what it looks like with Full BiS gear, sockets, enchants, procs etc.