Vengeance spec bonuses

That’s the point I’m trying to make. If they don’t revert the nerf to the T30 set then there won’t be infinite fiery brand uptime. You’re saying they’re going to retune the sets. Retuning for the T30 set can be like 50 souls instead of 60 and it applies fiery brand for 4 seconds instead of 3. We aren’t getting infinite uptime with that

Season 2 for life

3 Likes

“Dumpsters” is a strong word. Also incorrect for AoE, so nice feelycraft

1 Like

But that’s the point, what adjustment will this be? Are you going to remove the entire nerf, or just a part of it? Because on the other hand, the sign of flames received a base damage increase of 200% at the same time that the tier set reduces its CD based on fury consumption, in addition to having a significant increase in parry chance with the focused build in hast + crit. This current tier is much more synergistic and useful for DH than the season 2 tier.

1 Like

The main issue here is the fact that the season 3 tier drastically reduces the sign of flames’ CD. This causes the cd of all other signs to be reduced as well, because of the “Cycle of Binding”. This gives DH a strength that he has never had before. In terms of survival, both tiers are good, as the season 3 tier drastically increases the generation of soul fragments, which increases the uses of Spirit Bonbs and the application of multiple frailty.

1 Like

Why are you making this argument like they’d just leave S3 where it is? If you feel like the point to make is that Blizz would screw over the S2 bonus, why do you think they wouldn’t screw over the S3 bonus if we get it again, too?

5 Likes

first we have to assume that the s2 tier gets unnerfed. if it doesnt then its dead on arrival.

second assuming it is unnerfed, even with demise aoe sims show that s3 is better for m+ in defensive and offensive power. for raids s2 is better defensively even tho its only slightly ahead in st damage from current

cause simulations show that it is betetr and napkin math on irl logs also show s3 being better for m+

its not incorrect for aoe, its real go to felhammer and look at the proof. there is no feelycraft only numbers

now that being said. you should vote for the what you want personally. i dont think blizzard will do much tuning given but thats my own personal beef. if you guys want i cant post the sim numbers for these t iers in st and aoe if they will help you decide. but i still think yall should just see for yourselves in veng chat in the discord. good day

1 Like

I’m voting Season 3, I’ve been told it’s a fun playstyle. :grinning:

1 Like

I’d love s2 or s3. Both felt great. I liked S2 for end game but S3 feels great with the sigils rework. I would be happy with either. S3 all the way for havoc.

So if this is a nothing season and where the raid and M+ doesn’t really matter cause we are killing time till “The War Within” then why does it matter if we only have one set? We can’t we choose any tier? Say S1 two and S3 4pc (as an example not as my choice)
Or maybe I want to play with S1 2/4pc this week and then S3 next week. (have it set up like the rune system in SoD)

Or do something really out there and create an 8pc tier that allows for any combination of tier from this xpac? Or be creative and give us a bigger vote from past xpac if we can only choose one? This is the problem with your “FATED” season. We done it already, so why do I wanna waste my time doing it again when there is no additional incentive outside of new gear and maybe portals I might already have.

This is a step in the right direction, but you can do better Blizzard.

I’m not a fan of having 8-10 sigils to press all the time. Season 2 was legit and has my vote.

1 Like

Lmfao double sigils w/ insane parry and insane FB uptime would be so beyond broken yet people are voting for the lame S3 set. Hilarious.

6 Likes

Why are people voting S3?! It’s so much worse than S2, especially with the rework. Having double sigils with high brand uptime will be very strong. S2 had to be nerfed after S3 released because it was still that good. S2 was one of the best tier sets VDH has ever had, granted that isn’t saying much given our short time with tier sets but it still stands out.

4 Likes

mostly cause people are assuming that the tier will go live without being unnerfed. if its unnerfed then its just dead on arrival

Season 2 set was obnoxious to deal with and hard-carried the spec in season 2 to cover up serious flaws in vengeance. It also didn’t reset on wipes and having a nameplate and separate weakauras for tracking when it is going to occur and what target to best place it on was terrible design. Nameplate whack-a-mole was not fun gameplay.

They fixed most of the large spec issues in Season 3 and buffed brand because it didn’t have the same uptime as Season 2 anymore. I know people see that brand uptime and think Season 2 is the more powerful spec but it was not fun, and I’m also worried they will either not return it to its previous state (because it would be too powerful) or they nerf brand or something else to compensate.

Tuning will happen with the sets so thinking Season 2 is going to be the strongest is silly. They’ll tune it to be better in line with the current spec, not exactly the way it was in Season 2.

I prefer Season 3 because it feels better to use and makes the spec feel more fluid rather than the Season 2 bonus that was just a band-aid on a spec in dire need of fixing.

1 Like

Guys remember we are keeping all the insanely good talents that made dh good in s3, the tier set is not as strong or fun as s2. With these talents and s2 tier, we’ll be gods in m+

1 Like

Pros of Season 1
shear/fracture dealt 20% fury
shear/fracture generated 205 more fury
had a 15% chance of generating a soul fragment
Spirit Bomb and Soul Cleave have a 12% chance to deal 50% more damage and reduce incoming damage by 15%

Cons
Low proc chance of the extra damage and DR proccing

Pros of Season 2
More up time on Fiery brand
higher increase in fire damage (with fracture/shear being fire damage)
higher burst damage window (with the talent of Fiery demise)
higher DR
good for raid
great for non-physical damage types
Cons of Season 2
tracking how many souls you have consumed
having talent burning alive in M+ (though I don’t see how this is a downside)
needs talent to be good at M+

Pros of Season 3
More sigil of Flame
a chance at more souls
a chance at more damage
increase health pool (max of 10%)
increase damage and healing (max of 10%)
increase parry when running illuminated sigils
great for m+ trash

Cons of Season 3
extra souls, and damage from SoF on a chance to proc
horrible for raid survivability
poor against non-physical damage types

Way too many people are confusing a strong VDH rework with a strong tier set in season 3. The VDH rework made them good, not the tier set. It’s a shame people are voting for season 3 just because the spec is good. Season 2 is so much better.

2 Likes

yeah seriously, agreed. S2 was way better, I have no idea why S3 is winning right now. Gross. I have no idea how any serious VG DH player would want this… I was really hoping we could get all 3 and mix and match s4 though, kind lame that its only oneif you ask me.

2 Likes

again both are good despite the talent rework

you are grossly underestimating how much damage and survivability s3 is in aoe. the amount of souls generated with 10 mobs have sof dot on them is astronomical. more souls means alot more spiritbombs and sustain

because serious vdh players know that s2 is better for raid and s3 is better for m+ not to mention that this is only assuming that s2 is unnerfed. if it wins and goes live as it is now, then its legit dead in the water. people dont trust blizzard enough to do this so thats another point to s3

but yes i agree they should have made al l3 tier sets available for raid

1 Like