Vanilla wyverns and gryphons never getting replaced

They changed the Amani bears to the new model, much to some people’s chagrin. lol

Isn’t it considered a different mount though?

Disregard. I am really slow today.

I think only 3 bear mounts use the old model now and the few that are updated now caused a lot of people to stroke out because they like looking at horble res mounts.

I just use the grand versions like everyone else that wants to use a wyvern or gryphons in a post cata world

1 Like

The amani bears and all the tall striders

\

Bruh

1 Like

All good my Tauren friend. :smiley:

I believe the only old style bear mount to receive an update were the two Amani bears and it was a stealth update at that. I understand those who weren’t thrilled with it. Especially with regards to the Amani War Bear which is no longer obtainable. It’s a matter of what your preference is and to some the update represents taking away something that was special and no longer available to everyone.

The update felt odd not only because there was no mention from Blizz but also because those were the only two bears Blizz changed. The first bears created using the new model you had to do arena to get. Maybe rated battlegrounds. I don’t recall since Blizz changed the system for PvP mounts. Blackpaw is the first “normal” new bear model we can obtain.

~https://wow.gamepedia.com/Bear_mounts

I’d love to see that list grow. With so many different color bears it’s a shame we don’t have more mount variety.

1 Like