Vanilla would work with a yearly reset

If people want to keep characters then theres a server for that.

The current model is just annoying.

drop everything thats left… and work on a raid after naxx.

1 Like

16 months is the perfect timeline.

The current model of releasing things that are completely antithetical to Classic under the Classic moniker and the community telling players who want actual Classic to play on a server that’s been finished for longer than it has existed is pretty weak, yeah.

They should have an era server cluster up for when the progressive ones run their course, and provide a handful of progressive servers on a 18ish month rotation. Then when the new retail minus hotness dies in a plane crash they don’t lose the entirety of the Classic playerbase all over again.

The numbers speak for themselves. Classic 2019 is still the greatest success this company has had in a decade, so far as customer experience goes. I’m sure they’re just salty that they can’t milk that playerbase like a cow like they can with the much smaller retail playerbase.

1 Like

So far as player count too. Not just experience. C19 matched retail. Nothing else has even come close.

That’s what I mean, really. The player counts were record increase and record stability.

I was going to say “greatest success for this company in a decade” straight up, but I’m sure that despite numbers that show they were delivering a quality product that players loved, they wouldn’t consider Classic 2019 a great success because they only got a sub fee from those players instead of tons of cash via MTX from the paypiggies.

All you need to recreate that is another pandemic.

You’re actually ignorant. Classic was out for months before COVID became a pandemic. It reached 4m subs in September 2019 and I didn’t get sent home from work until Feb 2020.

Incorrect. There are worse things to be, however.

Ignorant or disingenuous. Pick one.

You’re still incorrect.

Nope. COVID had nothing at all to do with the success of 2019 Classic.

Not in your world, perhaps.

Not in reality. It doubled subscription numbers five months before COVID shelter in place.

Nice try. L. Bozo.

It’s good to see you know your strengths and stick with them.

Okay, weird ego defense mechanism, but enjoy knowing that Blizzard’s greatest consumer success of the past decade was a rerelease of their original product from 15 years prior, purely on the merit of that product.

I’ve been enjoying watching you start typing, then seeing you stop, thinking for a minute, then start typing only to stop to think again. Rinse, repeat.

On a mobile device. Busy. Multitasking. You’re wrong again.

Oh, I’m sure. You didn’t have to mull that one over multiple times before you got it just right.