Valor capped and it feeelsss so baaad

You won’t be replacing it if you are upgrading it.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Also there should be no ranks on gear you just buy BiS gear at the vendor with Valor.

1 Like

if he had to farm M2’s, he’d be in the forums complaining.

And the PvE players can already do that since they can spam Mythic+ all week with no key caps.

I feel like this thread topic isn’t your forte either.

We’ve been hearing the feedback from the community to lift the Conquest Cap for Shadowlands Season 4.

Valor cap is good for a respectable season.
no cap is degenerative.
And the fact that you allegedly refuse to continue gearing for the other 6 days until reset due to valor cap shows you’re the weakest link in your raid/m+ groups.

Thanks for the catch Stagheim. I’ve updated the article with the caps:

• The weekly Conquest cap will start at 1350 and increase by 550 per week.

• The weekly Valor cap will start at 1500 and increase by 750 per week.

I disagree with this idea. Players farmed islands and M+ in the past for worse upgrade paths, an uncapped Valor on Season start just means you grind your Valor immediately, and it’s effectively a guaranteed path to BiS in 2 weeks.

The whole design philosophy of “incentives, but not required for player power” in Dragonflight is a good thing because it helps guide reward structures in Mythic+ too. Mythic+ is rewarding players who push for harder keys. Players can still find meaningful upgrades and player power progression within the scope of a Valor cap.

When 10.0.5 drops, I’d be okay with lifting the Valor cap. But too early in the season means it will simply outpace other reward structures.

1 Like

Just wait until they remove the cap in the .05 patch, only to reinstate it in the .1 patch. Retail is in a bad cycle. Honestly, DF pushed me back to classic vanilla LOL.

Then all they’d have to do is adjust valor rewards so it’s based completely on the key you did.

So, you could have farming +2s a waste of time.

I’m not suggesting no valor cap. I’m suggesting a valor spending cap per week but you can earn as much as you want. Doesn’t matter how much you have earned as long as you can only spend 1500 + 750 per week right?

But once they do uncap valor mid season, then all your hard work hasn’t gone to waste…

But they sure do love to make you waste your time in this game.

If the game is FUN people will stay subbed to play alts and stuff. If there is one thing players like me absolutely hate, it is gimmicks like not letting you keep valor you farmed all season until mid season when they uncap it so you have to start it all over again.

1 Like

Valor cap make it almost not worth doing Mythic+ after your maxed…2/5 chance to get loot, significantly lower chance to get the item you need IF you get loot. At least valor made it feel like you got something.

I guess you didnt play SL ? Besides season 4 lol

I want a golden goose noooooooooooooooooow.

1 Like

I feel like this game is only made for people that have 10 characters now. I enjoy and play juat my one character. with all these caps after 2 days of playing the game is boring. No dailys, conquest cap, valor cap.

1 Like

There’s an easy fix to this than everyone seems to be ignoring… CAP VALOR REWARD BASED ON KEY RATING!

A 2+ should give max 25 valor… At first that sounds bad but considering you can still get 1/13 gear drops AND that 25 valor by the time you get a full set you’ll be able to upgrade most of them to 5-6/13 before you need to worry about raising your M+ score to upgrade further.

But does anyone wanna bite at this idea? No… Cause they’d rather gatekeep fun. That goes for both the devs and the playerbase. Timed 16-18’s by week 2? Guess you got the right to bully and gatekeep others who only have timed 15’s. Good job, no go touch grass.

No! I love that high end players do low keys for valor, helps people get easy carries through low keys

2 Likes

very feels bad D:

Which… Really only happens tail end of seasons for the majority… The rare occasions you see this now is a geared 2 set piece or 4 piece set guy carrying a guild member or a friend… Other than that it’s useless to expect a carry at random when the guy only has to run 5 dungeons to cap his valor or even 2 if he capped on week 1 like everyone else…