Valor: Can we have non-upgrade rewards please?

I’m mostly a solo player. I don’t run current content dungeons (Mythic or otherwise) or raids for various reasons, mostly to avoid the drama.

But I’d love something to spend all the Valor points on that I’m getting from the Callings that don’t involve gear-upgrades, like Mounts, Pets, Toys, or Mogs.

Add extra stuff? Please?

21 Likes

There are some materials bags that you can spend it on:

but it would be nice if there was something else, like you say.

5 Likes

Which are useless, My soulbind gives me more in 5 minutes than this bag gives you in a week of grinding valor.

2 Likes

Of course. I agree with you, I was just providing some info in case the OP didn’t realize that there was something aside from gear upgrades that you could spend Valor on. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

And I agree they need to add something else. Valor is useless for me, not one thing worth spending it on.

3 Likes

I’d be even nicer if non-M+/LFR players had more of a progression path. Valor could have been that. Unfortunately they made it specifically for M+ and left a huge chunk of players without a path forward past LFR. Even M0 is lower iLV than LFR. It’s why players asked for the valor/badge setup from WOTLK, so they’d have a way of continuing progression, even if at a slower pace and slightly lower cap than everyone else.

5 Likes

Might as well, since valor is useless unless you do mythic content.

3 Likes

LFR is wothless this expansion. OH cool another conduit, or ring lol.

1 Like

And covenant sets are higher ilvl than M0.

1 Like

They could do what they do with every other currency; give you the option to buy heirloom upgrades with it. Like, I get that isn’t anything new or cool, but for some players it might be an outlet for their extra valor other than resource bags.

Yeah, but outside the few specs that make good use of versatility, they’re so poorly itemized that they’re only used for bag iLV to get into the LFR queue early on.

1 Like

And here is where we get on the same carousel as always.

Why is anyone worried about how much vers they have if they arent even doing LFR yet? Do you think you need to min max and fine tune stats to do alright in LFR?

1 Like
  1. My character doesn’t show her current state. Look at my profile and you’ll find I’m quite deep into LFR. Sadly it’s my endgame as a disabled player, but it is what it is.

2. You know any shadow priest who’s going to go for a 197 piece with Versatility on it over a properly itemized 168 craftable piece when our spec is entirely dependent upon haste = master > crit? The pieces may have crit on some of them and master on others, but that versatility replaces the haste we need. Without haste we’re boned. Same for Disc (though sadly I haven’t been able to really play Disc this expansion because the devs didn’t give us a way to set conduits on a per spec basis and thus have locked us into single specs as a result unless we want to constantly go back to the runeforge and swap, when we have available anima charges that is).

iLV 197 + maybe a 207 world boss drop if it’s itemized decently enough is our endgame. We don’t even get to upgrade our gear to the base upgrade level that M+ players get regardless of keystone achievements, which would at the very least help us fill in holes w/ regular dungeon gear.

As for the whole “you don’t need to min/max to do LFR”, you’re forgetting the fact that even though we’re not part of the group that gets to do orgnized raiding, we still desire progression. That’s basic in any RPG.

3 Likes

but the progression you are doing dies with LFR the next step would be m+ where you would use the valor

But they cost a lot of anima that we don’t have upom reaching 60.

I can’t honestly imagine that putting on a 168 with less int is better than a 197 because it has vers, which int is still the BiS stat for all 3 priest specs according to icy veins.

I dont play priest. You do you though.

Yeah and I cant get mythic ilvl gear from heroic raid. What is your point? Theres levels of progression.

Which is why you have a path like every single player in the game to get all the progression you could want.

So here we are at the age old standoff.

How about a solo system that is as difficult and time consuming as farming M+ or raid, or ranked PvP?

1 Like

Yeah? And how many weeks do you think it takes to fill out all slots farming normal raid?

My guess is you will be able to upgrade covenant sets a little higher in the next patch with guess what? More anima lol. Also guessing Maw invasions will have some better rewards like you know, more anima :laughing:

It’s horrible they tied valor to only dungeon gear tbh. And unlocking achievements via timed runs… is not bueno.

2 Likes

So like…what exactly do you want? They gave you covenants, world quests to upgrade covenants and earn cosmetics / mounts etc…the easiest epic gear to get in the game upgradeable to 197.

What exactly do you want?