Vael - Tank Weapon

Is a fast weapon optimal for Vael tanking regardless of DPS?
For instance, is a 1.4 speed Bonescraper dagger better than the Quel Serrar due to Heroic Strike spamming?

No.

A faster weapon with similar dps would be better though.

I would assume for Vael you’d just want the highest DPS weapon you can put in that slot since you’ll be Rage flooded spamming Heroic Strike with your other skills.

EDIT: Unless of course you aren’t actually Rage flooded and find yourself holding off for a moment or two, then faster would be better than slower for equal DPS.

Alcor’s Sunrazor is BIS for tank threat on Vael.

5 Likes

I just wanted to mention the Sunrazor, but now, not going to . =)

1 Like

If the majority of your threat comes from HS, then the fastest weapon possible would be your best-bet since HS does not scale with gear.

2 Likes

Eh, that almost makes sense…

Yes faster the weapon the better. The little dmg difference wont compare to more hs.

You should have a Perd/CHT/GR, no?
Almost all the decent guilds give ACHG+MC Dagger to their MT by default until the TF era.

Those arnt fast enough. You preferably want a 1.3 speed weapon like Alcor’s Sunrazor or Bonescraper. Julie’s Dagger if you’re in a real pinch.

It’s all about HS spam. The best weapons are, in this order…

Alcor’s Sunrazor
Finkle’s Skinner
Julie’s Dagger

All 1.3 speed. If you don’t have Edgemasters, you’ll want to wear Aged Core Leather Gloves or Mugger’s Belt to get +5 dagger skill.

Also, for a 1.3 speed weapon, +5 weapon damage might be a better enchant than Crusader.

Thanks for the replies. Based on what I remember from Vanilla, faster weapon speed, 1.3 specifically reigned supreme over slower, high damage ones. Wanted to hear public opinion though, because times change.

My experience was Eskhandar’s Claw, because there was no ICD for the proc, and it stacks with Flurry. I kept ripping off our MT in Vanilla with Heroic Strike spam and nothing else.

So I have Julies Dagger and I have Felstriker the epic dagger off Rend. Is Jul dagger > Felstriker?

No you don’t

Can you just punch him? Unarmed has 1.0 speed

warlord dagger or nothing

1 Like

So nobody knows if Felstriker better or worse than say Jul?

I wish felstriker had a better proc rate, I have currently tabled felstriker to try out finkles skinner.