Uther has a bad memory?

Is Uther suppose to be a history revisionist or did the writers forget their own words? It would be on trend for modern writing and current events.

I guess this is a spoiler but…

At the end of the Kyrian campaign Uther says;
“Devos Convinced me that my death was wrong. She promised me justice.
What we did to him was not justice. It was vengeance.”

But during the flashback/afterlives animation Devos very clearly states multiple times that it is vengeance they’re getting but Uther corrects her by saying “Justice” most notably at the end when they drop Arthas into the maw;

Devos: Remember what he did and take your vengeance.
Uther: Not vengeance. Justice.

These words are extremely impactful and memorable so suddenly having a main character forget them seems very silly, especially seeing as the way the cinematic is delivered to us ingame is through direct memory reflections from the Kyrian archives.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Uther is quite literally “not all there.”

1 Like

I could accept that if it was the reasoning used to explain why he sided with the forsworn. like “Oh no I wasn’t myself the power of doubt clouded my mind blah blah” but that wasn’t the case at all. The jump between what was set up in the afterlives to whats happening in game is already a huge leap aswell anyway.

2 Likes

Expanded for you.

:pancakes:

3 Likes

Several I’d imagine. But in particular the one where his student stabbed him and sucked out his soul.

He pretty much sided with Devos who used her counselor’s bond with him to steer him down her path.