Useless Skill

So, I’ve figured out how to make Hexweave Bags indefinitely without leaving a Garrison, and not purchasing anything from the Auction House. Sure, there are better bags that are readily available. I’m mostly sharing this because I found some entertainment in testing it out after I came up with it in my head.

I do recognize that there are bigger bags that are probably cheaper on the AH, and that limits this “skill,” in a sense. However, I suspect some folks might be more interested in this if WoD-Classic were ever to launch.

What you need:

• A level 100 talior/alchemist
  • Garrison (level) 3
  • Tailor Emporium 3
  • Herb Garden 3
  • Trading Post 3

What’s nice to have:

• An alt or two with similar garrisons
  • Storehouse 3
  • Salvage Yard 3
  • Max level worker at the Tailoring Emporium

The following Garrison activities all take place without needing to leave the Garrison or needing to buy anything from the auction house:

• You need Sumptuous Furs, Gorgorond Flytraps and Sorcerous Earth to make bags, and a steady supply of them coming in to keep going.

• Sumptuous fur can be bought from the Trader Yula in the Trading Post for 16 Garrison Resources (she is one of the alternating vendors, and shows up about once every several days.) If you run your Followers on all the missions that reward Garrison Resources, then you will have a pretty steady stream of resources always coming in. I have a couple of alts doing this, as well. They buy the furs and mail them to my warlock. With this, I never drop below several hundred furs in reserve after using my cooldown and capping the tailoring workorders.

• Farm up Gorgorond Flytraps at the herb garden (at level 3, you can select what to plant) until you have a nice supply. This can be done as needed, as you don’t go through flytraps as fast. You will eventually need to harvest some Frostweed andBblackrock ore to make Alchemical Catalysts for transmuting.

• All of your Sorcerous Whatever’s can be transmuted into sorcerous earth by a level 100 alchemist. Your tailoring workorders will supply you with more than enough sorcerous materials for transmuting. (As an alchemist, you can make the Alchemical Catalyst as needed - all you need to do is harvest Blackrock Ore and Frostweed, both readily available.)

The process:

• You will be logging daily to gather your garrison resources from followers and the cache. You then resend your followers on as many “Garrison Resource” granting mission you can. This is where having an alt or two doing the same thing is useful for a reliable supply. The Storehouse and Salvage Yard both help out with increasing your resources, too.

• Submit as many Tailoring Emporium Workorders as you can afford, and use your Hexweave Cooldown

• If needed, you can also farm the herb garden and the mine for either herb and the Blackrock Ore, which are components for Alchemical Catalyst and the Hexweave bag. Any extra herbs and ore can be sold on the auction house
    *Check your Trading Post daily for Trader Yula and cash in your Garrison Resources for Sumptuous Furs

• Keep an eye on your sorcerous earths. If you’re running low, you’ll need to put some effort into making alchemical catalysts, which means a little more farming, per day. This can stop once you have a comfortable supply

Note: You don’t need any alts to be perpetually making bags. They only speed things up so you can be making the max amount of Hexweave cloth per day. That means you need to keep your workorders full enough to not have a lapse in production. This requires a steady supply of a lot of Sumptuous Furs, though I’ve never cared to calculate how much is needed per day. Sumptuous Furs cost Garrison Resources. Alts can buy the furs and send them over to your tailor (since Garrison Resources are BoP.)

4 Likes

You’ve acheived the dream: never leaving your part time job.

5 Likes

It would be interesting to know how much time you spend on this per day compared to the gold value in bags you make per day.

1 Like

Sorc elements are so cheap on the AH now it’s not even worth doing anything special for them if you run short. Just have an alch transmute whatever costs 10s. Vendoring herbs will give enough gold to buy all the elements needed.

I don’t really care. It’s a game.

1 Like

Yes, I said that would be interesting, not that you should only do it if it meets some gold/efficiency optimization.

I made a bunch of these bags at the end of legion, like hundreds of them, and kept a guild bank tab full of them for all the returning players or those making new mains for BFA.

2 Likes

My apologies. And that’s awesome of you to help other players!

and thank you for taking the time to share the info.
Certainly goingto save it and check it out with my tailoring character :+1:

2 Likes

this.
dont worry about minmaxing gold, make fun gold.

2 Likes

Exactly.
I make far more gold flipping, but there is no real fun to it.
Id rather make much less and enjoy my game more.

2 Likes

I’m not even selling them. They’re for alts.

2 Likes

if youre enjoying doing it thats all that matters.
Ive wondered how to make bags in the garrison. I’ll have to set my panda tailor up in his and check it out. :+1:

1 Like

32 slot bags are like 20g now. or make a drakthyr get it to 60 and make it a tailor and buy the cloth for like 50s and craft them

again…you clearly ARENT doing this for gold or time, but because you enjoy doing it.
just have fun with the game as YOU see fit and ignore the directions to do it otherwise. :+1:

2 Likes

Oooo… you’re giving me the urge to go back to my garrison and do some crafting. I used to have a lot of fun making stuff.

3 Likes

Wow… that’s a lot of steps and preparation. :clap:t3:

1 Like

Sadly I didn’t come up with it right away. I’d buy stuff on the AH, if needed before. However, wasting money on something so silly didn’t make any sense.

2 Likes