Useful Macro Templates

Hey Elv, tried searching, but to no avail… How do I fix this Wotlk prot warrior macro to Charge if I’m ooc and then switch stance and drop a TC if I’m in combat? It keeps stalling on the shift to Defensive Stance:

#showtooltip
/cancelaura
/cast [nocombat,stance:2] Battle Stance; [nocombat]Charge
/cast [combat;stance:1]Defensive Stance; [combat]Thunder Clap

Maybe also add a Victory Rush before I shift to DS?

The ; in [combat;stance:1]Defensive Stance is breaking it.

Also, I’m pretty sure you can stance dance and cast something else in the same GCD, so try this instead.

#showtooltip
/cancelaura
/cast [nocombat,noform:1] Battle Stance; [combat,noform:2] Defensive Stance
/cast [nocombat] Charge; Thunder Clap
1 Like

smacks head
Thanks, as always, you’re amazing

EDIT: Works like a charm.

1 Like

Ok, help again please, this wotlk druid macro isn’t completely working right… It’ll put me into cat and stealth, but nothing for bear.

#showtooltip Prowl
/cancelaura
/cast [mod:alt]Bear Form(Shapeshift); [nostance:3] Cat Form(Shapeshift)
/cast [mod:alt, stance:1]!Growl; [nostealth, nocombat, stance:3]!Prowl; Prowl

What am I missing?

Are you holding alt?

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt,noform:1] Bear Form(Shapeshift); [mod:alt] Growl; [noform:3] Cat Form(Shapeshift); !Prowl

I am indeed. Still doesn’t work, not even your rewrite. When I’m in cat, it says ability not ready, and when hold alt, I get the ? icon

Then Bear Form is the wrong spell. Open your spell book at the same time as the macro edit window and shift click the spell from your spellbook, as if you were linking an item in chat.

1 Like

Yep, that was it, spell changed to Dire Bear Form @ 40. Thanks.

Now start using /use instead of /cast

it saves one letter

They also behave slightly different. /cast prioritizes spells while /use prioritizes items. Doesn’t come up a lot (last instance I can think of was Legion) but it does come up.

Hey Elv, I want to consolidate the Expansion extra abilities into one button and have searched all over and can’t seem to find a macro to use abilities based on zone/location.

Is this do-able? Based on some other sites, I’ve tried the following with no success:

#showtooltip
/run if GetZoneText()==572 then BT4Button7=Call to Arms;if GetZoneText()==619 then BT4Button7=Combat Ally;if GetZoneText()==905 then BT4Button7=Vindicaar Matrix Crystal end

or

#showtooltip
/run if GetZoneText()==572 then /cast Call to Arms;if GetZoneText()==619 then /cast Combat Ally;if GetZoneText()==905 then /cast Vindicaar Matrix Crystal end

With a secure button template it might be but I’m not really familiar with that side of things and I don’t know if it’ll work in combat.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/API_CastSpellByName

Gotcha. Yeah, I’m no coder and that’s way over my head. Guess I’ll revert to mod macro. :wink: TY!

Fizzle or one of the others who deal more in Lua might be able to build a button for you.
I recommend making a new topic, not sure if they check this thread.

ok, will do! Thanks so much.

Honestly why are you even trying to do this?

All these zone abilities are using the ExtraActionButton as the button they are bound to for the UI

One Macro that will work in majority of cases which you can just assign to BT4Button7 in your case.

/click ExtraActionButton1 LeftButton

This basically creates a macro that emulates you mouse clicking the zone ability. Regardless of what zone you are in this will use the corresponding Zone/Instance ability.

However, there is a few very rare occasions where the Zone/Instance uses an additional Extra Action Button. So to fix that issue you can just modify the macro to one which using a key modifier so you can click the second button as needed, otherwise it will always be the standard button.

/click [mod: alt] ExtraActionButton2 LeftButton; ExtraActionButton1 LeftButton

You can use the various other macro conditions as well based on your own personal needs. For example you could do this if the second ability uses a Right Button Mouse Click instead

/click [mod:alt] [@mouseover, combat, nodead] ExtraActionButton2 RightButton; ExtraActionButton1LeftButton

However, with all that being said the simplest thing to do is just use the Keybind settings and assign any keybind you like to ExtraActionButton1 and an alternative keybind to ExtraActionButton2.
Then you just use your keybind assignments to use the abilities regardless of what zone/instance or ability it is. This even works for the extra abilities that appear as part of boss fights or raid encounters as well by the way.

Hopefully that helps you.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I actually found some another post that helped to add to this. Since the Garrison (Draenor) and Class Hall (Legion) abilities aren’t exactly Extra Action abilities, I’m trying this:

/showtooltip
/click [mod:shift]ExtraActionButton2 LeftButton;ExtraActionButton1 LeftButton
/use Garrison Ability
/use Combat Ability
/mtce

It seems to work so far, however, I can’t get the tooltips to work. Any idea on that?

With the trust level bug fix released the other week, it appears I no longer have the necessary trust level to edit the OP.

So, stay tuned while I waste my time mindlessly scrolling through 200 topics viewed and 19000 posts read (yes, these are the actual numbers Support gave me) in order to get back up to TL3.

That’s insane. Sorry to hear you’re having to do that… Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

Class Utility macros have been updated with the 10.2.6 optimizations.