Useful Macro Templates

Grab https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/macro-talk

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,dead][]Redención
/opt [mod:alt,@mouseover,help,nodead] /s This day will not be %m, in the name of light I command you to come back from the darkness.; [mod:alt,help,dead] /s This day will not be %t, in the name of light I command you to come back from the darkness.

THANKS A LOT MATE vey useful macro, the last one please maybe you would make a mouseover inspect macro, you are the best

Hello! Stumbled onto your very helpful list of macros!
Just wanted to check if the following was possible:

I’m a reso sham that wants to have a macro combining Healing Rain @ cursor, and Flame Shock on enemy when mousing over or targeting enemy units. I’ve tried tweaking the above macros to see if it works but haven’t been able to do something like that - wanted to check if this is possible?

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] Flame Shock; [@cursor] Healing Rain
1 Like

I am a mage, but you seem to be a wizard! I think this is out the a macro’s scope, but ill ask anyway.

Is it possible to setup a macro to cast Arcane Explosion, but if you have the “clearcasting” buff, it could would cast Arcane Missiles?

Nope.

10char

̷̧̟̭̺͕̜̦̔̏̊̍ͧ͊́̚̕͞

Added a Dragonriding Mount Macro.

1 Like

Get stuff thanks for your work !!

is there a way to add a short pause to a macro?

I wanna do something like:

/s Summoning giant rock monster!
[insert .5 second pause here]
/cast Earth Elemental

If you want to randomly summon your favorited dragonriding mount, replace the number with 0.

1 Like

You can insert a delay into macros with the help of an addon, but you can only use it to delay chat and other inconsequential things, not spellcasts or similar.

I’m looking for some help using the new conditional [known] in a help/harm macro. My attempt below but the purge portion is not working when I spec into purge.

#showtooltip
/cast [known:cleanse spirit,@mouseover,help,nodead] Cleanse Spirit; [known:Greater Purge,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] Greater Purge; [known:Purge,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [harm] Purge

you need it in every condition set

#showtooltip
/cast [known:51886,@mouseover,help,nodead] Cleanse Spirit; [known:378773,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [known:378773,harm] Greater Purge; [known:370,@mouseover,harm,nodead] [known:370,harm] Purge; [known:51886] Cleanse Spirit

Interesting, thanks Elvenbane!

Hi Elvenbane,

First off wanted to thank you for all your help with the community for macros.

I’m trying to make a WOLTK macro that prioritizes. /cast [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] [@player] aka priority is Mouse Over, Target, than Me. I’d like to keep this logic priority for both spells, but be able to to use a shift modifier that rotates the abilities with shift and not the targeting priorities.

Everything seems to work as intended except the mouse over/self target for Roar of Sacrifice.

This is what I have so far,

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] [help] Roar of Sacrifice; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Master’s Call;[@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] Roar of Sacrifice; Master’s Call

Master’s call works flawlessly, but the shift mod wont work for the mouse over and if i use it with no target it won’t auto self target me with the shift modifier. I have a shift modifier self target enable in the interface.

Thank you in advance,

They’re both friendly abilities so not sure why you appear to be using a modified help/harm template. You don’t need to weave them if you’re using a modifier.

Assuming I understood what you’re after, this is what you want:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift,@mouseover,help,nodead] [mod:shift] Roar of Sacrifice; [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] Master's Call

You can force the whole [help] [@player] thing if you want but there’s no need so long as you have Auto Self Cast enabled.

1 Like

thank you that worked! I think some hidden keybind is effecting the macro, because it works when i move it to a different bind. I am trying to make a new one that looks something like this;

#showtooltip
/petfollow [@pettarget,exists]
/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead] [help] [@player] reset=15 Intervene, Mend Pet

Similar structure, looking for the same priority, but after intervene I want it to simply be mend pet. I can’t get the cast sequence to work after however and mend pet after the intervene goes off.

Is there anyway we can support you with donations or a wow token?

Thanks again

By default, Shift 1-6 are bound to Action Page 1-6.

#showtooltip
/petfollow [@pettarget,exists]
/castsequence [@mouseover,help,nodead] [] reset=15 Intervene, Mend Pet

Can you even Intervene yourself? Hunters have Intervene?

I don’t take donations for questions on the forums as the work benefits the whole community, but I appreciate the gesture. It’s also why I prefer to help people in this medium.

1 Like

was this the macro? doesn’t appear to be working it won’t cancel stay and yes the pet can use a spell call intervene that can absorb a blind or stun on the target.

any idea why the macro won’t work?