Usage of bugged food to crash game clients

How do I report someone if i can’t even click the mail the person sent me to force crash my wow client?
I’m not sure how this even possible, but after the game crashed my PC was literally half working had to reboot 3 times to get to normal.

I want to add, that people are intentionally using this bug to screw others, this is exploit usage and should be looked. <<<

The bug report forum would seem the best place without naming the other player.

1 Like

That isn’t something someone can really do on purpose. If an item is causing your game to crash the first step would be resetting your User Interface. That may allow you to remove the item from your mail.

If it persists, submit a ticket and our staff may be able to help remove it. Since it seems to be causing a crash I would use the following for “stuck characters”.

You may be unable to manually select the realm so be sure to mention it in the description box.

5 Likes

actually, it IS, there, several items and several reports, recent, i just found out what it was cause i said in trade chat something was causing my wow to crash when i opened the mailbox and someone told me that, i went and googled and got several similar cases and guess what, i opened the mailbox without mouse hovering the item and got no crash.

{Removed}

1 Like

Then you’ll want to give the details in the Bug Report Forum, or by using the Report A Bug feature in-game.

2 Likes

Something like that I’d probably put it in the in-game bug submission option. No use advertising it and tempting others to exploit a potential bug.

7 Likes

if it gets attention, it gets fixed, unfortunately this is how the world works, what i care most now is reporting the person, cause that is an intentional attack using a known exploit, coming from a char i never talked to, so no, that can’t possibly be a mistake and i only gave the link cause u said that isn’t possible.

BTW, this might be related to this too:

people may have the items in the bank or bag and have no clue about it.

Yes, and the proper way to “get attention” is to submit a bug report.

I don’t recall saying it wasn’t possible, I said it isn’t something someone can really do on purpose. Under normal circumstances that would be true. If there is a bug that they are aware of that is causing it, then the bug should be reported.

Intent behind why they sent it isn’t entirely easy to verify, but feel free to report through ongoing harassment if you wish.

7 Likes

Not by posting here though. That is what everyone, including a Blizzard employee, is telling you.

3 Likes

I’m going to close this with acknowledging that we’re aware of the issue and it is being looked into.

My search-fu missed it when looking originally.

8 Likes