US Price Increase Incoming

I have the money to pay more but if there is an increase well I am out. I am having less and less fun with each expansion and maybe its just because I am getting older, or getting tired of wow after so many years.

Anyhow there are too many other good games to go to if blizz pulls this move

3 Likes

To bring them in line with what they should actually cost. Their subs were pennies to the dollar from what the majority of us paid.

They are still much lower, incomes in those countries are much lower, blizzard charges what a market can afford, this is not necessarily based on what other countries pay.

Only game time. Not subscriptions. I donā€™t understand why people donā€™t get this.

1 Like

If the prices in other countries are related to the exchange rate then I donā€™t understand why they donā€™t just charge the price in USD universally and let you bank handle all the exchange rates.

because some people one read 5 words and get mad without reading the full page

most people pay this way.

I donā€™t know anyone who pays that way. Where is this ā€œmostā€ statistic coming from?

It would be IF we were getting the quality game we got up until WoD. But since many of us (not all but many) have found less and less to like from WoD on? Why would we pay more?

A lot of us are less willing than ever before to pay the usual amount.

1 Like

SMH COSTCO HOTDOG IS STILL A DOLLA FIDDY. COME ON BLIZZARD

If they actually increased the sub price Iā€™m not sure too many would quit, esp. with the pandemic still raging. Maybe people with multiple accounts will character xfer and cut back on dual-boxing etc.

This. It would be like blizzard giving the finger and customers giving them the finger back by unsubbing

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand the hatred some gamers have for subscription fees. An increase would be kind of annoying, but if I want to play wow Iā€™d happily pay it instead of dealing with a free-to-play monstrosity

1 Like

Regardless of this, itā€™s still a price increase to wow services that can happen to the US.

Game time is month to month. Subscription is a subscription that auto renews unless you cancel it. Thereā€™s a difference. And theyā€™re literally two entirely different purchases in the store.

1 Like

People have less disposable income. A large number would likely unsub and go to games that did not increase their price. Also, and this is important, people are already leaving. There arent any queues on many full servers which indicates people are not prioritizing choreghast.

Youā€™re still ignoring the fact that they upped the price for game services, so regardless of itā€™s gametime or sub, this price increase happened regardless of the fact that the exchange rate between CAD and USD hasnā€™t changed over the past 16 years.

Stopped reading here. Not interacting with people who just want to act all snarky. Have a nice day.

The fact that Activision/Blizzard raised the price for a North American region country, imo is just testing the waters for a US rollout.

Should I start stocking up on toilet paper now or canned goods? Bothā€¦ yeahā€¦

1 Like

the main issue with a sub increase is wow is currently barely worth the 15 bucks a month plus the expansion cost already.