US and EU accounts merge possible?

Hi!

Would it be possible to have my EU and US accounts merged/linked?

Since I had to move back to the Philippines last 2017, I had to switch back to my US account so that the server time (oceanic server) would be near to Philippine time and so that my latency would be at tolerable levels.

Years I have spent playing wow:
2010-2011: US account
2011-2015: EU account
2017-now: US account

I’ve spent most of my time playing in my EU account (5 years), so I am really hoping that the achievements, mounts, and other collections such as pets heirlooms, etc. that I’ve worked hard for in my EU account would be possible to be linked to my US account.

I know it’s unlikely for my EU characters to be transferred over to my US account as I’ve encountered some posts saying that this would be impossible. However, the posts I have encountered sometimes have conflicting answers and not to mention quite old already. Limitations regarding merging of accounts could have changed since too.

Thank you for your time!

1 Like

Unfortunately, all of what you ask is not possible at this time. Every game region is completely independent of one another.

In the future it’s certainly possible, but it would likely require an absolute restructure of the game at its core and likely will not come to pass for several more years at minimum.

5 Likes

Just want to touch on this unfortunately this is the wrong forum for a suggestion best would be to post in general or use the ingame suggestion feature. Will it change not likely due to laws but at least u can suggest it the proper way.

2 Likes

Blizzard has said it’s unlikely. The EU and NA versions of WoW are treated as essentially two totally different games. They were never made to be able to trade information between them (CRZ, transferring characters, communicating in-game).

No one can say it will never happen. For many years the Devs thought they couldn’t give more bag slots for the base backpack, but that changed. Never say never about making EU and NA achievements Bnet account-wide, but it is unlikely at this time.

2 Likes

While a single battle.net account can contain both US and EU wow accounts, nothing will be account bound between the two regions. The data for each region resides on different data base server farms.

2 Likes

I understand the point Blizzard is making regarding different laws/servers etc.

Since I would also like to transfer from US to EU accounts, I just wanted to bump this topic hoping that some day soon this will happen! (also add it to suggestions!)

1 Like
  1. The CS forum isnt for suggestions.
  2. This was started 12 months ago.
  3. If you wish to make a suggestion, the general forum is for that.
9 Likes

It was asked at a Q&A at a Blizzcon. They said that it was a lot harder and a lot more complicated than players think. They can’t just flip a switch.

Bumping this thread is not going to bring it to the Devolpers’ attention. They don’t take feedback from the Customer Support forum and the SFAs here are not liaisons with them. Players have asked about it for years.

The rest of my previous post in this topic still holds true:

5 Likes

I’ve been looking into trying to understand why Mounts, Transmog, achievements ect at the very least are not shared from US to EU and EU to US.
All I ever see is it isn’t possible at this point to share the data, even when both games are on the same account. Now I’d understand that, however if that’s the case, why does my EU game which is new and “separate” as they say, have a couple of mounts, which I have on my US game, which my EU game that “Cannot share data” had no way to get…?

Hearthsteed.
Stormwind Skychaser.
Alabster Stormtalon.

This mounts obviously had certain requirements to get, I got these on the account on the US game, yet the EU game has them, the game created AFTER they all were no longer available and I did not get them for that game.

If you’ve managed to understand me, you might be confused as well.
EU game and US game on the same account, US based.
Games cannot share data as they are separated by the regions and yet share this specific data?

How can they not share the data but share the data at the same time?
What is so different about these 3 from everything else?

There might be a slight connection through the battle.net account, with battle.net account wide mounts which are why they’re showing on both the EU and US game accounts.

Does that make sense somewhat?

There may also be international laws both past and present that come into play too - in the sense of the date when the mounts were awarded - there might have been laws that either prohibited or allowed things. Given the time WoW has been running, a lot has and can change. I’m not a lawyer of course, it’s just something that could come into play as to the why.

Agreed.

Looking those mounts up, they are acquired at the Battlenet level. Thus it’s likely your Bnet account is pushing them to which ever region you log into.

2 Likes

This is your answer. The Meatwagon is also Battlenet level. So is the Corehound Pup from adding an authenticator to your account. Squeekers is region-locked though. I got it on my NA account because I have a 6-month recurring subscription. I had to buy it for my EU account.

As the NA and EU licenses are treated as separate games, most items aren’t cross-region. Access to those items is allowed/disallowed at the game-level. That would be why my NA account has the Astral Cloud Serpent and my EU account doesn’t. The ones you mentioned, plus some others, are allowed/disallowed at the Battlenet-level. That is why you have access to them in both NA and EU licenses.

Thank you all, that does make sense, though also brings the question, if it’s possible to make these items at that level so that they can go over the region, then what stops the others from being able to be put on the same level?
I’m not a programmer or anything so there might be some code or something I don’t know, but I guess can take away that if some have been able to be put at that level hopefully one day others can too.
=D

1 Like

This I am now playing both EU and US… ITs time for a final combination merge US/EU should all be one client. with EU/ NA sections separated. then those sections for EU separated by languages. its time for the merge. We should be able to play NA/ EU with no problems or snags. I cant use any of my US stuff on my EU account. stupid… and I am paying an extra $15 for a second subscription for being able to be on EU!?!

That is a fairly complex request and not something that we’re likely to see for the foreseeable future based on what our Game Director Ion Hazzikostas said in a recent interview.

For any feedback on the prospect of doing so, please post in the General Discussion forum or submit your suggestions through the in-game interface option.

6 Likes