Upgrading new legendary cloak

Is there a way to upgrade this cloak without killing Thrall in the vision? I’ve not managed to even get to Thrall now 3x in a row on my feral druid after finishing it fine on my lock and dk.
First time I was killed by an eye that set back to 20% while on the guards outside his room. 2nd time I was killed by a “Thing from beyond” that did 100k, and 3rd time the first pack got me with its pull in effect. I dont understand why these random things keep killing me on this toon. Is there some way to skip these visions or is this my only option?

Those sound like corruption mechanics. The “pull in” effect is caused by the shaman casting a totem

Horrific Visions are the only way to upgrade your cloak. As Bangboompows said, if the “eye” you’re talking about is surrounded by a purple circle, that is indeed a corruption effect. Specifically, this one:

https://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=315169/eye-of-corruption

The only work around to it is to get out of it immediately, as it’s damage is quite severe. Or have MOTHER cleanse the corruption on one or more of your items in order to reduce your total below the 20 that triggers the effect.

As a druid, assuming your ilvl and damage is high enough to actually complete the vision in the first place, I’d suggest stealthing past everything at the very beginning and going straight for Thrall. Don’t attempt any bonus objectives until you at least have the sanity restoration orb. That way you only have to deal with the 2 guards and Thrall himself, which should leave you some wiggle room on your sanity. I’d also suggest running Resto Affinity for extra survivability while you’re in there.

If all else fails, find a friend or guildie, or even just a random person in the group finder and run it with them. The visions can be run with up to 5 people. The visions scale, yes. But it will leave you more room for error when you have people watching your back.

Best of luck on your Druid!

I’m not sure if your item level, but my 417 balance druid had an easy time killing Thrall and the mobs before him. Keep rejuvenation hot up and heal with regrowth. I like to kill the mobs on the far right so i have a place to kite the guards . You should also be using food, flask, potions, and drums.

If you haven’t done so yet, read the icy veins class guides for rotation and talents, bloodmallet site to pick highest dps azerite traits, Wowhead and icy veins essences guides. If you can learn balance you might have a better chance.

Thanks, I dont tend to research much for my alts, and button mashing based on Ovale works just fine on lock and most other toons. Not so much for the druid. I thought I had removed the corruption effect from new piece of gear but will recheck

Another option is to switch to bear spec as you will have a lot more damage mitigation and self heals available and your kitty gear should work fine for bear. I don’t tank but I often use tanking specs on my alts when doing content where things hit hard.

As a tank, there is a good chance he wouldn’t kill Thrall before running out of sanity on the first clear since you don’t have the orbs to refill sanity.