Upgrading gpu, is AMD worth the risk?

I’m upgrading after having used my 1070 since 2018 and was looking around. Don’t really care about raytracing so the amd cards looked like good value. Happened to see people on here having a lot of problems on amd since 10.2 hit and it had me kinda worried. Just wondering if its a widespread issue with wow right now and amd. I really don’t want to deal with driver shenanigans.

1 Like

Only certain hardware has issues with my RX 6800. My Gigabyte board has no issues with it. My Asus board ASPM causing crashes. Had to enable it to allow OS control.

WoW will be fine, and most games are fine too nowadays. The only risk with going AMD is if you ever involve VR and notably encode/decode headsets (like all Meta Quests) as AMD’s encoder tech is still behind NVIDIA’s, and Meta’s PCVR support is lackluster and they don’t fully support something about AMD’s encoder tech (I think something with HEVC).

I recommend reading this thread:

And also reviewing the AMD forums, since the issue is not specific to Blizzard games.

I have an AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT and no issues with it in WoW or VR or any other games. :dracthyr_comfy_sip: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:
:fox_face:

Just get the 7900xt or xtx and call it a day. Probably the best deal for 1440p gaming on the market atm.

If I didnt get such a good deal on my 4090 that would be the card I would have got