So I saw that BfA was on sale for 20 bucks, and I had some money sitting in my Blizzard balance, so I figured I would take advantage of the sale for a cheap lvl boost.
I opened up a starter account under my existing Blizzard account and logged in. I hit the upgrade button on the left side of the character select screen, which brought up the Blizzard store option to buy BfA for the sale price of 20 dollars.
I went through with the transaction, and recieved a confirmation email of the purchase etc. So I log out and closed my Launcher, then load it up again expecting to have my account upgraded. But my starter account is still listed as a starter, and the level boost is non existant.
I thought I did all the steps correct? Can anyone find where I went wrong?
Was your starter account connected to your main account?
The accounts have to be linked under one name so to speak.
If it’s still a starter account, maybe try reloading launcher? Otherwise open a ticket.
let me know if it works, I would like to get that cheap boost, but if it doesn’t they should refund your money if they advertise character boost with the purchase of it like they always do.
As far as i know it is.
I loggrd i to the only account i have, where i manage my current live account, and selected the “add starter account” option underneath it.
There isn’t much I can think of. I think you should contact Blizzard and see if they can resolve the issue.
Your starter account needed to be upgraded to a “full” account first, before it can be upgraded to a BfA account.
Does the $20 BfA upgrade include game time for existing battle.net accounts?
I think you might have to pay a monthly sub for the starter account first and then it will upgrade to BfA.
Are you sure that $20 is for BfA and not to upgrade to Digital Deluxe? That isn’t the same thing.
edit: Looking at the shop, I think you bought the upgrade, not the game.
2 Likes
No expansion has ever included any free time.
A starter account can be upgraded to a full paid normal account just by starting a sub or buying some game time. Then the BfA expansion can be applied to it.
1 Like
I hate to add to the noise here, but isnt the free character boost only once per Blizzard account?
I can’t imagine they haven’t thought of this already and found a way to stop selling boosts for 66% off.
No it’s not. But bfa is NOT 20 bucks, the upgrade to DD is.
Not the same thing.
2 Likes
I didnt realize there was a difference. What is the digital deluxe then, compared to buying bfa outright?
it gives a mount and something else i can’t remember.
It upgrades from the standard version (just the game+boost) to the deluxe version a mount and a pet.
ie: Standard version is 50. Deluxe is 70. You can either pay 70 total, or 50 now then 20 at some other point.
1 Like
I see, i guess i really bungled this up by rushing into a sale lol.
Oh well, live and learn. Thank you for the info.
You can probably get a refund, so I would contact billing.
1 Like
Ive applied for a refund and it seems like it may go through, thankfully.
I really do appreciate your help and quick responses, honestly. Thank you.
Anytime.
I have seen a couple of people over the years make the same mistake so the verbiage used could probably stand to be more obvious… but I guess it’s not common enough for them to bother. Either way, you are welcome. 
2 Likes
Buy a subscription on your Starter to make it a full account. Then BFA should kick in.