Upgrade CPU/Mobo or stay where i'm at

6-7 years is a good life.

I wouldn’t regret replacing one of that age, even if it was still working okay.

Even if just for peace of mind.

it would be the v1 version then, it came with a 4+4 EPS connector (you used it as an 8 pin connector to your mobo). You just snap off the 4pin from the other 4pin and use that (they snap back together).

Regardless, you purchased another PSU.

1 Like

Well worked out because i can still use my second computer for storage and junk. I might donate it to my friend whos using an Pentium D processor. All he would need is a videocard or he can use the onboard from the 4790

2 Likes

Your 3070 is most likely being bottlenecked by your processor. Still though, a 4790 at 4.3 ghz is still a workhorse and its unlikely there is any pressing need for you to upgrade.

Little late now lol. I updated a few posts up to 10850k

1 Like

That’s funny all the people saying 16GB is enough. Stellaris crashed on me one day. I ran out of RAM as too many people people were sprawling out though the galaxy. I had to go to war just to keep my RAM usage down :(. Eventually, I just said screw it and used a machine with more RAM.

EDIT:
All funnies aside, yes 16GB is probably fine for most games these days. Just don’t do what I did.

I have 32 because I liked having my dimms full

my other systems all have 16 and they’re fine, but they don’t really play demanding games or multitask at all

So far about the max usage I’ve seen is 8, but I tend to keep things closed down that I’m not actively using. Pretty much a habit of being limited by my 11 year old machine and it only having 8g.