Updating Torghast this Week

Changes gave ZERO help to people trying to do these as DPS warriors.

Torghast feels easy with a tank in a smaller group (2-3) and it is soloable with good RNG for me but what i would like is more reasons to do it… I really like Torghast but there is no reasons to do it more than once on each wings. Even the achievements rewards nothing not even a title. I want more of it!

1 Like

I was able to solo 4th level on my rogue the other day and was ok. Doubtful I’ll be able to do higher without better gear… I still wish they’d put something in that made our Crimson Vial better, but the healing while stealthed is at least decent. I just can’t vanish on a boss fight due to reset mechanics.

I think the real problem is that people often want to do the hardest content but they never want it to be hard. they want the top items without any actual work to obtain it.

Blizzard has been trying to cater to both sides and it just doesn’t work.

Legendary items went from extremely difficult to obtain, to now easier to get than most epics.
raids got much easier in difficulty and gearing became easier. Mythic + dungeons were introduced to help people who didn’t raid and the items from it had to be nerfed because top players spammed them for gear which made anyone under that gear level seem worthless.
Gearing to a high level early on is now incredibly easy to do, but when a raid is hard because guilds can’t clear the content on week one, blizzard for some reason nerfs it as if it’s intended to be cleared week one.

Blizzard is trying to bring challenging aspects into the game but snowflake players just melt into a puddle of tears when the boss hits too hard and they don’t get the same loot as the top players.

YOU are what’s wrong with WOW for the last 15+ years.

I have literally 0 issues clearing all 8 levels of Torghast as arms OR fury. I’m 184 ilvl.
The only things that have ever given me trouble were the consulars. They hit super hard and fire off spells every 2 seconds which really screw me. I had to go with build able to stun to kill them.

Torghast is 2x better with the fixes, but still a boring grind. soul ash should be dropping from dungeons and raids maybe pvp chest.

Maw and Torghast on alts eww. not going to happen as it is now.

1 Like

'What you want" is entirely on you, my friend.

Anything that makes horrible, boring, unfun, uninteresting torghast chore quicker is a win in my opinion.

• P

Lol players like me are keeping WOW alive. I am glad you got triggered though. Basement dwellers always get angry when people refuse to look at MMOS as “work”

4 Likes

I agree with the raid content… it shouldn’t be easy, hell my group struggled at first to clear Normal and we didn’t on the first week, but I will always look at content like Torghast and think there should be two modes in there… a normal mode that you grind through that doesn’t need to be hard for the soul ash and a challenge mode for people who like that stuff and should offer cosmetics, plus legendaries aren’t what they used to be either… I’m okay with that, these are technically just recreations from a beings memory.

Trust me, I’m usually in the minority when it comes to difficulty, wanting things to have a challenge. I don’t want things to be easy, but if they’re going to be hard… they have to be fun, they can’t be Dark Souls (which is a trash series that only offers difficulty)

Whoa now you leave dark souls out of this. Blizz has no clue how to make a dark souls type game which is why I personally laugh at the idea of mythic raids in wow. Blizz thinks they know the proper form of challenge equating to fun but they dont.

So i done a solo run in this place at the start i got a crappy common anima power that had no use on a tier 4 then just made it though first floor killed last guy got another useless common anima power got to second got mass feared into another mob an died try to pull one guy 6 came in mass fear again an died by the third death on floor 2 i gave up its pointless

1 Like

With the way Soul Ash is awarded there is definitely a diminishing return for going higher in the levels. I’m not all that concerned about getting a legendary nor how long it takes to get it so have decided for me stopping with level 3 is about the best return for time wasted spent.

1 Like

I’m no fan of how legendaries were done this expansion. The different armor ranks for them are just bad. It’ll get increasingly more expensive to to keep upgrading them. At least legions system only required you to get the initial piece and that could last you alot longer than the current system we have now.

So if you “laugh” at it… why haven’t you gotten world first? Hmmm… I wonder why? Plus if it’s not hard… do you have that aotc? Yes, Dark Souls is TRASH. Hard for the sake of being hard, kinda like these insane hot sauces… no flavor, just heat. Dark Souls is the same thing, hard but no substance.

this trash is called CHORSEghast for a reason, it takes far too long, you cant pause or come back later, cant even leave for a bio break. it needs to take 75% less time and if i want to get up and take a leak without dying in a safe spot i should be able to do so… is this the best the stun/snare/slow team could come up with ?

Then you haven’t truly given dark souls a try. Its actually not that bad of a game series. In regards to world firsts. When I came back to wow over three years ago I had never even knew that was even a thing. In regards to aotc which for the record is just a dumb way to gate people out of content. I actually attempted getting it multiple times for nyalotha. Granted I’m forced to pug so I’m only 9/12 heroic their but it got to a point that going for an achievement that really had no long lasting value was pointless too me. Yes it offered a mount but I have dozens of dragon mounts, not having the voidwing wouldnt be that bad.

Woah, Dark Souls has build diversity, lore, exploration, and combat that’s at least okay. Yeah, there’s a skill floor to enjoy it, but it’s not just hard for the sake of being hard aside from a few parts of 2. “Difficulty with no substance” would apply more to something like Super Meat Boy, but they offset it to make it fun by making it incredibly fast to get back in and try again.

Well nothing personal but you can’t talk about wow’s content being easy or not, at least when we’re talking heroic and mythic raiding/dungeons. I’m saying you’re bad, I’m saying you haven’t experienced it, therefore you can’t judge. I put a solid 4-5 hours into the first Dark Souls game… I was bored, it wasn’t easy… but when I won it felt hollow, I got nothing for it. No story, the story should come to me… I shouldn’t have to search and read for it. Dark Souls isn’t my cup of tea, If I want a challenge I fight other people or raid higher stuff, do higher keys, etc etc.