Updated Video Driver, Now Not Supported

I have had a recurring notification that my video driver was out of date since the 8.0 launch. I have not been able to find any update from the manufacturer, however, last night I did manage to get the driver updated.

This morning, I can start the Blizzard app, but when starting the game, I get the message: “Tour 3d accelerator card is not supported by World of Warcraft. please see”…and the url for system requirements.

I’ve tried a few things, but being by no means an expert I’m at a loss.
I know you will want the dxdiag log, so I have run that to add, but it does not seem you can attach those anymore.

can you post a dxdiag please that way we can look at your system
DxDiag
1.Press Windows Key + R.
2.Type DxDiag and press Enter.
3.In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
4.Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
5.Open the txt file above select all, copy and paste to this thread.
You can include the DXDIAG in a reply to the forum post. Place it between rows of ticks (`) for formatting:

Like this.

If it will not allow you to post the whole thing post it on pastebin.com just post the last section of the link see the highlight section below .
https://pastebin.com /y47kBy74

Well, it was far too big to post in message.

I am currently attempting to go back to an earlier driver, but assuming that doesn’t work, I’m sure I’ll still need the assistance.

Here’s the link:

/KvyiwtYP

Currently there are no drivers installed. Does your laptop have a dedicated GPU besides the APU?

This is mostly likely the current driver for your rig
https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/6th-gen-a10-8700p-apu

That’s really weird… I had just got done imstalling n restarting the updated driver from AMD.

I’m in the middle of installing an older driver from the AMD website… If that doesn’t work, I will try the one you suggested and update my status.

Edit: That’s the one I had already installed.
I can report that going back to the previous edition restores functionality to the game, but of course once again it’s telling me my drivers are out of date.

I think I can live with the notification. :upside_down_face:

Updated my driver (it was already updated to the same update), still can’t play. Crazy how the game worked great just six hours ago, I feel like this is one of those come back tomorrow and it’ll be fine.

Your computer actually takes two drivers one for the APU and the other for the m360. Which may be why the DXdiag was not showing a driver installed.

card name: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
Manufacturer: (Standard display types)
Chip type: AMD ATOMBIOS
DAC type: © 1988-2010, Advanced Micro D
Device Type: Display-Only Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9874&SUBSYS_80B6103C&REV_C4
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

So which chip did I just update, when I d/l’ed the 19.1.x version of the driver?

and how would I update the other? That may make the notification go away.

well I recommend you never update driver on laptops. now go to site of your laptop and download a video driver

While the drivers by the oem are the most compatible in some cases laptop manufacturer’s only update the drivers for 1 to 2 years. Then they usually stop. So to continue to keep the laptop up to date you have to use the reference drivers from Intel, and, or Nvidia.

The video drivers from HP are actually four years out of date at this point. I really don’t think that’ll help.
And why shouldn’t you update one? That’s pretty counterintuitive. With no explanation given, I’m inclined to think you’re being a crank.

@Northernlite: As far as I know there isn’t an Nvidia or Intel product in this machine. Do they actually have compatible drivers for other manufacturer’s products?

you don’t think?? have you tried???
certain components of your laptop may have vendor specific drivers.

thanks, you can go on to update everything till your windows won’t boot
probably :wink:

Most Current laptops will work fine with The reference drivers. If you do not use the reference drivers after the laptop manufacture stops supporting it will no longer function correctly. I own 3 laptops never had a issue with using the reference drivers on them. 2 Asus laptops and a HP. Laptops these days are less proprietary

Did you miss the bit where I said the drivers at the manufacturer are four years old? Like, older than the actual machine I’m running.
I seriously doubt it will help with an “out of date driver” error.

And… you still didn’t supply any explanation.

Yup. Crank.

@Northernlite; Thanks for the suggestion, Intel had at least two driver updates for my machine.
Not a video driver, but oddly enough, after installing the two they suggested the
“Your video card is out of Date” warning disappeared. So, you know… One less thing.

Thanks for the help.