[UPDATED NOV 28] Support a Streamer on Twitch and Earn the Ichabod Pet

I wish this worked… I’ve been streaming load screen for about 4 hours to my viewers :confused:

while I like the pet, I refuse to waste money on Steam

For what it’s worth (which isn’t much), I can confirm that you can gift the subs anonymously and it’ll still pop your code right up. I was a little scared that it wouldn’t, since I hadn’t heard anything about anonymous gifting yet… but there we are. Anon gifts still work, huzzah!

1 Like

As a small streamer, I was excited to qualify to apply for this campaign. When I was accepted and saw it was mostly other small streamers I was grateful for the opportunity. Not that anyone needs to know my story, but it might help put that streamers are really just people into perspective for some people that have difficulty understanding that. I spent this last year carrying my father from his bed, to his chair, to his toilet, to the car to go to dialysis and the VA. He had been in pain for a long time, but despite very clear evidence of a tumor growing in his liver the cancer went undiagnosed until this year. The neglect of the previous VA doctor led to an immediate diagnosis of stage 4 liver cancer. My father was not a drinker or drug user, so developing this kind of cancer was not ordinary. His kidneys failed before he could receive any treatments, and the tumor (the size of a softball) was inoperable. We spent the year having him in constant treatment. Dialysis several times a week, the doctor just about every day, and more than few times we almost lost him quicker than we ended up losing him and he had to be hospitalized for long periods of time. The VA has to be one of the only places it’s acceptable to be so terrible at your job. They repeatedly botched his diagnosis and I believe he suffered immense pain every day on his march toward the grave. Despite all that he just wanted to make sure my mother was taken care of. Which, the VA assured him would happen. But, it turns out, they don’t want to do that now that he’s dead. We may have to sell the house. I am physically disabled and cannot work a regular job, and have had difficulty qualifying for disability pay. Anyone familiar with the process knows it’s actually a pretty terrible ordeal. So, I was grateful for the opportunity to come along that I might be able to make a little money, to help with groceries or the odd bill. I, like most streamers, don’t make very much doing it. And a charity isn’t going to help me and my family. The change to include large streamers in the campaign, I get it from a business perspective- all that advertising. It just seems hollow from the support a streamer angle. After all, who’s going to bother looking for the 10 viewer stream when there’s the 130k viewer stream right there? It just feels like the promise of opportunity was offered only to be subverted and right now, I’m not sure I feel grateful anymore.

3 Likes

So has anyone tried using the free Prime sub for one of the 2 needed to get the pet? I see two different stories and want to confirm if it counts as one or not.

We had over 4k streamer names in as of last week when we first posted. The update on launch day was to add an additional 100 streamers to the pool who wanted to take part in the promotion.

3 Likes

Which one is yours?

I’m trying to find this out as well.

So, if they had drops enabled, they should be eligible for the pet, correct?

Guess you do not understand that they are a company that wants to make a profit like any other company out there and what is wrong with them advertising their game in whatever legal way they want…Soooooo have you been complaining about them advertising their game in their launcher or on streams as paid advertisements and every other way or is it just because you want a free pet???

I have been a WoW streamer for a very long time (since JustinTV days - I am one of the original 10 partners). I see people who are on that list who have < 600 followers but are eligible for this, and yet, I am not. My channel is not, but it has been a part of the other giveaways - what can I do to get on that list?

If I cannot - what did I do to prevent being a part of this ?

1 Like

Good job calling out his edit. I respect that. More people should do that.

Uhm.

What about baby streamers with less than 10 followers who are just starting out? Like me?

I love wow and wanted to start streaming dragonflight and posting youtube videos for fun?

We are left out in the cold.

I was late so i cant be elible to do twitch drops.

You have to make sure drops are enabled in your dashboard in the viewer rewards section. That’s all you have to do to get them enabled, other than making sure you’re in the World of Warcraft category when you stream. It’s just the pet you need to be on the list for. I’m fairly certain all WoW streamers are able to have drops enabled for the mount.

Nethaera, is there a way for more people to get added? I’ve streamed WoW in the past, but only started streaming it again yesterday. Drops are enabled so people are getting the Feldrake mount from me, but it would be amazing to be put on this list for the gift subs pet.

Well, I have absolutely no interest in watching streamers play or discuss WoW or any other game.

But, the pet is cute. So I gifted a couple of subs and got the pet for $10.80 US.

And, once I’ve streamed Asmongold for four hours, I get a mount.

The irony is that I play Classic almost exclusively, and the only reason I have to log into retail is to collect the pet and mount.

It would just be the bees knees if I could be involved. Streaming on Twitch these last couple weeks has Totally Transformed my life for the good, and has given me Hope, my new “community” (crazy wonderful to be even saying that…:heart_eyes:) was really let down it seems when I wasn’t on the list, and I quickly became affiliate during the first event. Now they’ve even achieved Path to Partner this Morning. I’ve been a playing for 18 Years and sharing my love for this game, and reciprocating the hope my viewers and myself have gotten from doing this. Is now my new Goal; Helping as many players as Possible, Ironically That’s all it started as, A simple stream with some drop info to help others when I had a hard time myself trying to figure it out… and just like that, this beautiful community came outta nowhere and pulled me from a very dark place at the time… the 9-10 Followers I had a couple weeks ago were mostly Family… Now I’m sitting here 9000% Dedicated to the 1500 Followers and 210+ Subscribers who I just can’t thank enough…seriously I’m so grateful. My first stream on the 15th was the Dragon Kite, which Quickly became my symbol of Hope for the game, for all my new friends, and my family…it was a big deal to me. So Here I am, a couple weeks Later With a smile that just won’t leave my face; as we explore Dragon Isles, something I’ve dreamt of for what, almost 20 years…and Im taking it all in with them, and soaring on my Drakthyr Dervis have the most fun in my entire life. when I see…what looks like a dragon Kite on a tall spire, and I barely Make it… It was Called a “Hope Kite” And I just started Balling man… like really after all the hardships these last few months and What That Silly little kite had meant to us That first Day streaming… I don’t know what to say. It Really just Confirmed That This was Really Happening for us, and it was because of all the wonderful people who play this game who found me somehow…That I wasn’t trapped in the emerald dream, that somehow Dreams do come true. Thank you Thank you Thank You so much! This whole event like this game has been an absolutely incredibly fantastic, stupendously Radical Blessing that I probably don’t deserve. So thank Y’all so freaking much, I’ll do whatever in my power not to let you outstanding folks down :pray:t2::pray:t2:🥹:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2: Sincerely /ALTernateSelf

I would like to be on the list too… I can do drops but I can’t have my channel eligible for the gift subs? Yeah, I’m not Asmongold and I don’t only stream WoW, but I do stream it as well as DbD and Phasmaphobia… Do you have to only stream WoW to get on that list or what?

Support a creator is great, but I don’t think you should get to choose who gets supported. If we can do your drops, then we should also be able to participate in other things as well.

I had a few friends gift two subs and now I find out it’s only to ‘eligible’ streamers? I can’t refund a gift sub and now I feel bad.

DakkarBlack
(twitch channel same name)

Under the FAQ, no. Was also hoping to use November and December Prime subs for this :confused:

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/gift-subscriptions?language=en_US#FAQ

It’s because they need to be gift subs. You can’t gift a prime sub.

i gifted 5 subs at once, this was over 24hrs ago

Does it have to be like gift one at a time?