[UPDATED NOV 10] Celebrate 18 Years of World of Warcraft!

Happy Birthday World of Warcraft!!

1 Like

Please make the Bronze-Tinted Sunglasses transmoggable all year-round. They’re some of the coolest specs in-game.

3 Likes

You aren’t wrong.

1 Like

It is coming on Tuesday

Three weeks of 1.18x rep is nice! I’ll finally get BfA flying, since Mechagon and the Waveblade reps are a grind and a half. Then again, compared to Hydraxian Waterlords, everything is a cinch.

Except instead just going to Northrend and killing him there. Half the people try to kill him in the BG causing that that attacks to invariably loose. At least it isn’t like the other holidays that have non-pvp’ers queuing up.

Sweet thank you

Low effort anniversary again. At least have a new mount or something. Not very exciting for players who have been around awhile…

7 Likes

I got an Illidan hawk-thing mount (I forget exactly what it’s called). Was that not part of the anniversary?

hey your map is wrong missing Dragon Isles when I am going between zones I see the Dragon Isles put it on your map now.

sips :wine_glass:

Yes! This particular mount is part of the World of Warcraft Anniversary celebrations. It was added into the game last year! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dont get how the world of warcraft team cant come up with something new. I mean it’s once a year.

1 Like

which is like everyone, the amount of new players joining wow is pathetically low

So I was talking with some guildies last night about this… and yeah… it was definitely a downer when we all realized it was all of the same content from last year. I suggested that what they could’ve done is recolor the Plagued Proto-Drake and scale up the ToGC and let people que for it through the raid finder. Then successfully completing the raid they would receive the recolor of the plagued proto-drake. That way the old players that have the original mount aren’t upset and the newer players that couldn’t get the mount (other than the BMAH) can get a recolor of it. And not to mention that it would not only celebrate all those in classic right now but also the coming of Dragonflight.

See it’s actually pretty easy to think of new ways to make the anniversary more exciting for your existing playerbase. My only hope is that next year they will have something new (especially because some people spent over 100 dollars for the 1 yr sub).

2 Likes

I haven’t experienced this event before, so it’s all new to me!

It was scary going to the Caves of Time and this being the first thing I see…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fg9hmyNXEAAcpie?format=png&name=small

3 Likes

Oh. How joyous.

A firework that takes up a precious bag slot.

We need the experience buff in wrath classic too!

1 Like

Holy Cow, I had no idea; Sunk like the entire weekend into finally hitting 80 in wrath and playing vermintide 2!

While I am happy we have made it to 18, I miss the old days when they used to mail you a little anniversary pet.

5 Likes

Does it matter?

It was completely neutered after the first year. Now the only reason to do it is for mild nostalgia.