[UPDATED] Mage and Paladin Tuning Incoming - July 18

The patch has been out since May

No no no we’re fat and hairy why would anyone want to look at us… now those drunk brewmasters, THEM ARE THE REAL PROBLEM

I’m talking about 10.1.5

As an Arcane Mage, I’m not going to argue that the last patch hasn’t been a huge boon for possibilities given how the talents are now working. But this has less to do with the Mage talents, and has a lot more to do with Augmentation Evoker abilities stacking. For solo AoE’ing, Arcane Mages are still essentially in the wolf-pack.

Bottom line, I would love to see a bit more caution and contemplation before we just knee-jerk nerf the class down. We’re not in Ret Paladin territory yet, and I certainly feel like the proposed nerfs are modest; but I would prefer to see another 1-2 weeks of raiding and PvP stats locked down before we all jointly conclude that this was a step too far for Mages.

Just my humble two cents here.

1 Like

Good. Might need to Nerf Shadow Priests and Evokers next. Not fun when the meta consistently has Bear Tank/Holy Pally/Spriest/Aug Evoker/Mage.

The other dps classes basically struggle to get into keys.

Aug evokers are basically perma meta’d into groups unless some serious changes are made. They basically take up a dps slot to buff everyone else.

1 Like

So ret was fine with it’s crazy AOE burst but within the week mage was “uncomfortable”?

Amazing lol

2 Likes

Also this 110% blizz wtf is the deal?

Is this a joke?, I was honestly looking forward to play my mage after some work was finally done.
While I did see how fire was outshining everyone I don’t think Arcane or frost needed to be hit.
Not while shadow and demonology have consistently been sitting on top of the meters.

Is it fair to punish PvP players because mages are overperforming in Mythic dungeons?

Rational post asking to collect information likely won’t be met rationally.

1 Like

Nice nerfs when augmentation evokers make up more of the players 2400+ than all 3 mage specs. Learn to make changes between PvE and PvP too, you have the ability.

Also nice buffs to specs like Outlaw rogue which have been performing poorly in PvP so far all xpac

1 Like

Because ret was never competitive single target, while Frost is currently slaughtering both AoE and single target.

This will take frost from “easily the best in the entire game, period, even if you butcher your rotation” to competitive for top 3 dps positions in raiding.

Being top 3 is a great place to be. Being effortlessly in first is not.

1 Like

too bad they will suck to solo out in the open world.

mythic is the only thing the devs care about. They have proven this over and over.

Is it fair to punish mage player because another class buffs us?

1 Like

So nerf ret when?

See Demo lock and PI.

SHUT UP MY GUY!

I’m just trying to vibe over here.

I mean, fire was definitely better than frost in AoE. These nerfs are warranted and fine, and we’ll even likely see more in the future, but let’s not twist facts here. Frost was and will remain very good in ST, 2-3 target cleave, and 5-8 mob AoE, but it isn’t the single best spec at everything.

2 Likes

And poor Rogues and Hunters are just quietly sitting at the bottom, twiddling their thumbs. >.>