UPDATED: In the Shadow of Crimson Wings

UPDATE: I was apparently stuck in an invisible raid. The input /script LeaveParty() resolved my issue. It’s not bugged. I’m just an idiot.

I’m attempting to do the Heart of Azeroth (level 60) quest to get Crucible of Flame (Rank 3). The quest sent me to meet Kalecgos in the Twilight Highlands to start the scenario for “In the Shadow of Crimson Wings” quest. I’ve completed every step in the scenario carefully and received notification that it has completed when the scenario updates.

When I reach the final stage, Alexstrasza comes out and tells me that Corastrasza will take me back to Silithus to speak with Kalecgos, but neither Corastrasza nor an item that it appears I’m supposed to interact with are available for any interaction.

I’ve run the scenario five times, each trying something a little different. Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• Reloaded UI
  • Disabled all addons
  • Abandoned Quest, Logged out for 10+ minutes, accepted the quest again
  • Logged out, Restarted Computer, Logged back in (which included abandoning the quest and reaccepting it again after login)
  • Avoided damaging or interacting with Vexiona before releasing Kalecgos and Alexstrasza

I’m officially at a loss. I really want this Heart of Azeroth upgrade and I’m incredibly frustrated right now. I noticed in the patch notes for early August they mention this quest, but I can say that it’s not “fixed” as of 9/11/2019 02:00 CST.

4 Likes

I have run into the same problem. Please fix!

1 Like

How is this not fixed? I mean a playthough from 1-120 questing and I can count a plethora of bugs. Does anyone actually play test or you you just cross your fingers and hope for the best?

Blizz just crosses their fingers and hopes for the best. I run into bugs daily, especially in old content. I’m stuck in this scenario as well. I don’t know how you “confront” Vexiona. Nothing happens. Just die, die, die. I saw the OP update, guess I will try that.

Update: I did try that and it gets you out but then you have to start the entire scenario over again. Yuck.

Second Update: This time around, I didn’t use the dragon breath to hit anyone on the ground (don’t know if that really changed anything or not). But I also didn’t attack or interact with Vexiona at all. Just dodged the attacks. I did attack the other dragonkin that are attacking Kalecgos and Alexstrasza. And if you’re very patient, eventually everything comes to the end of actually confronting Vexinoa and once Kalecgos and Alexstrasza have removed the shield, then you can move in and attack. Patience pays off in the scenario coming to an end. You just have to be very patient and let things play out. I believe my original problem was just to go in blasting away and that’s not the mechanic for this. Hope this helps someone else.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be so bad of the instance was fun. Like everything else in this expansion, this is just dollar store quality.

2 Likes

Can confirm not working in 2023 either Queue for Instance nothing just never loads. I will bug report this again need more Bumps. I don’t like seeing this puts off newer players who have never done it.

I am fine not doing it If they don’t fix it but cmon this post is old and issue still broken Blizzard really likes to neglect things.