[UPDATED AUG. 18] Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

Exactly. After playing since 2006, i quit definitively after Legion and the removal of Mage Tower. I returned only for playing Classic. Retail is totally irrevelant for me.

1 Like

I didn’t see it but are they removing the hard mode mount and Hertz locker FOS from hard mode Mechagon?

Exactly! Setting a M Azshara group is no easy task and the dependency on RNG makes the whole process frustrating.

With the recent changes, all other essences are now deterministic rewards or can have means to increase the likehood of them dropping.

A major problem is that, even if I want to give a raid friend an essence, I’d have to be lucky to drop the one he needs for his specialization.

1 Like

Can you not remove the Essences/Mounts/Etc? Give everyone who has it already a Feat of Strength, but there is no reason that new players, or anyone who didn’t play/push this expansion, should be forever unable to acquire these items/appearances/titles. This is just going to drive away new players, and most likely current ones as well. It really will just hurt the game at this point. Make them more difficult, bring up the Mythic+ essence to Shadowlands dungeons, but leave it in the game for people who want it.

3 Likes

How will we get the currency to enter visions? It’s kinda hard to imagine the assaults running in vale and uldum in the next xpac.

2 Likes

Updated Aug. 18: The achievement Phenomenal Cosmic Power will no longer be obtainable once pre-patch goes live (we previously stated that this would go away once Shadowlands went live). This is due to certain Rank 4 Essences no longer being available to earn after pre-patch (e.g. Vision of Perfection).

What if you already have the Essences that go away in the pre-patch? (i.e. missing only the 100k honor one) will you be able to obtain it in the pre-patch?

1 Like

I agree with this to a degree but in my opinion certain essences will still and should still be acquirable.

If I get 2400 in SL s1 why should I not be able to purchase the r4 Conflict and finish my collection?

It is honestly insane to me that r4 Conflict is as difficult to acquire as it is, I have all of them done except this one and it is the only one that has not been nerfed in some discernible way.

The Paragons got failure protection, Azshara is old content, Keystone master became trivialized with the corruption vendor, Vision of Perfection is trivialized by being old content, Crucible got trivialized by neck scaling…

2 Likes

You aren’t going to reason with them. Pvpers will get upset.

But why, instead of sorting it based upon what made sense you do a lowest common denominator approach to the whole affair to make things simpler for y’alls end?

Please, reduce the rating to get Conflict rank 4, some rank 4 essences have recieved nerfs to get them

5 Likes

yes, what if you have a lot of these essences already, but just missing Azshara?

Come on! This is a very bad communication mistake that took everyone by surprise.

Make the non deterministic rewards like M Azshara a 100% drop for all the group already.

7 Likes

Can you guys make Azshara drop more than 3 essences for the time being then? She’s basically already unkillable in a pug so there’s still a huge barrier for most people. I’m pretty sure this essence is going to be the only reason I can’t get it :frowning:

5 Likes

Here’s a Phenomenal idea! Let it be achievable until the launch of shadowlands since all the ones going away in the prepatch are not RNG based. IE PvP, M+. The remainder of ones are rng or time gated. Just seems like a bizarre change to make suddenly.

5 Likes

you don’t need the n’zoth one for this FoS, just the 8.2 essences.

No thanks really devalues the effort I put in into getting it. Every single essence is mainly just grinding something besides M Azshara which you can buy for like 700k gold.

It’s 3m gold right now and there is no devaluing the effort when you’re still getting rank 4 of everything else, what are you talking about?

700k using a yoinked lockout

its already impossible to get that achievement if your not a high skill pvper.