Update to "8.1 Reverted Fonts to Stock"

So, had a friend of mine play around with this. Turns out, a triple AAA company forgets a basic coding thing (something I learned in a VERY basic, intro level class in college that I thought I’d never use. Friend confirmed this as well) when updating file locations. ANYONE who has custom fonts for loading/character/lfg screens that did not load correctly, move your Fonts folder into the /WoW/retail folder.

Really Blizzard/Activision? A Triple AAA company, been making games for what? 20 years minimum, working on WoW for 14 now? And ALL your comp sci devs fail to see the fact that a) default fonts are disgusting, and b) even if it isn’t, those who do use fonts from external sources (.ttf files or equivalent) are left to figure this solution for ourselves? I expect so much more on the small details like this. Very disappointed.

Surely they could have done it easier than picking and choosing what files go where. I assume it would have been MUCH easier to say “Take WoW folders and drop into /retail. Now prevent Data from going into this folder, keep in parent directory” then having us figure this stuff out ourselves.

I dare say that programatically it made precious little difference moving 3 folders or all but 1. They chose not to move folders that aren’t game defaults (and no, Fonts, Sounds etc. are not defaults, they are custom folders players create if they want something other than the default).