Update the mobile app?

Same problem here also

Seeing the same thing here.

I can confirm I’m having the same issue. Nothing up on the apple apps. Though I know they go they don’t post updates for iOS apps if they are buggy…so the previous posters comment maybe right.
I did delete it, and tried reinstalling it to see if they did the background update. Still same issue. Looks like they are taking servers down for maintenance again this morning, so we’ll have to see what happens after that.

By the looks of the email i got they have added a way to do old expansions wow apps. yay more gold!
Edit: Hey i am still 120! Neat!

It’s only neat once we actually have it. It is still broken, no update available.

I posted on Twitter, and BlizzardCS said the update is planned for the future…but no explanation as to why the broke the existing one in the meantime.

Hello.

Yes, the companion app is currently unavailable today (Wednesday, October 14).

Simply put, we had a bug with the new version of the app that goes with the Shadowlands pre-patch, and we’re releasing an updated and fixed version soon.

The fixed version may be available in your device’s store before we’ve had a chance to do the WoW realm restarts that are required for it to all work.

After you’ve gotten the app update, and we’ve done realm restarts in this region, it should work as expected.

7 Likes

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

1 Like

Checked this morning. App is not showing in the store at all now. Please come back soon :grinning:

1 Like

The update showed up for me about 7 hours ago. Just waiting for today’s maintenance at this point.

The update is there. When you search for the WOW app, in the list, the “open” button will be there. If you click on the app title to open its page, what was the “open” button is now an “update”. I updated the app. The app has this notice: [Incompatible Realm] “Server still updating to the latest version of the app. Please try again later”

And these guys wanted to go to developing mobile games, they can’t even build a phone app for an existing game.

Is there even a post in known bugs to let folks know that there is an issue. What a farce.

The companon app download itself is not showing in the Google Play Store at all. It’s like it was pulled or something.

2 Likes

Yeah I have the app on my Samsung phone but when looking in Google Play, it doesn’t show up anywhere at all. No update showing, not listed under my installed apps, and you can’t find the app when you search the regular play store for it. I really hope Google pulled it down to work on the update or something.

Blizz, can you tell us something about Google Play app?

3 Likes

I have the same issue on my Android as well. The app does not show up as available in the Google Play store.

I still get the same “Please check for a newer version of the app” message that I have gotten since Tuesday.

I guess for now I’ll make sure I log off all my characters on the boat so I can login every few hours and assign new missions and such.

3 Likes

The mobile app is working now on iOS.

The mobile app is working as of today. I was able to download the update from Google Play on my Galaxy S10e.

However when I tried to do the same on my Android tablet it was unavailable. When I did manage to find it Google Play said the app was incompatible with my tablet.

The companion app was working fine with both my Android devices (phone & tablet) before the pre patch. Was this intentional or is it a bug that hasn’t been addressed yet?!

1 Like

Which version of Android is your tablet running?

Is it possible that the tablet version is separate from the phone version and only the phone version has been updated?

If you have an older tablet (over 2 years from the date it was first manufactured) then it’s possible that the requirements might’ve been changed to require a newer version of Android than what’s available for that particular tablet.

That could be the problem: the tablet version & phone versions are separate & only the phone version was updated.

The tablet currently has Android 10. So it’s looking like I might have to wait till there’s an update before the app will work on the tablet.

Thnx…