Update stuck on initializing

Yep, wife was able to update and create a Dracthyr last night but was waiting for me to play. Now I can’t even get past initializing. Thanks Blizz. :expressionless:

same :frowning: hope to hear something soon

Like, this is a bit ridiculous. I understand that things break, need maintenance, and its not always at convenient times. Blizz, its the middle of the week and we cannot seem to get all our ducks in a row to download content so we can play the game. Please, get your stuff together. This week it is this circus, last week it was Arthas being down for almost three hours after the rest of the servers came up… What on earth is going on. This is extremely frustrating.

I was getting pretty irritated as this is not the first time this has happened to me. But I did as you said and waited a long time. I was nearly going to call it quits but, it’s just as you stated “it should eventually move on to updating”.

1. Restarted my PC
  2. Started Battle.net app (As admin)
  3. It sat on Initializing… for about 2 hours
  4. Update started downloading but at an average of 200 KB/s

It’s a waiting game folks, we just need to have faith that Blizz is doing their best.

currently trying an failing to get the beta for Dragon flight to install just stuck and has been for the last hour, already tried restarting the bnet client as well .

Woot after about 30 minutes of Initializing, its finally started updating. 2.64 GB remaining @ 430KB/s - 1.2MB/s

I suppose I’ll just let it go and see what happens but this really is unacceptable. Can confirm what

Edited to add, can confirm what Coffinhealer said above me—it started updating after 30 mins of initializing.

They better give us free time because we can’t play.

2 Likes

Hi - Just got home from a work trip and I would love to play the pre-patch. Any updates on this issue? Stuck on initializing for a while now.

So what’s the Blizzard policy on lost game time due to these issues? I’m assuming the subscription will extend for any lost time as compensation?

They do that typically as a last resort. And usually only if a certain threshold of the player base loses out on time. Don’t expect it. Feel free to demand it though, I’m even starting to think I should get a day or two free.

But don’t listen to me, I’m an entitled person.

2 Likes

So anyone feel like fixing this problem that’s been around for 4 hours? Maybe an update?

2 Likes

the problem have 6 o 7 hours. :frowning:

After having it attempt to complete the scan of the scan and repair process for the last couple of hours, it just now said the scan was complete and it is working on repairs.

It may still pop up with OOPS! Something broke! but it looks like others are finding slow success as well. So it is likely an issue of time and opportunity. Keep having the app attempt the process for now, updates likely won’t get posted until it is well and truly solved.

Plus they have ALOT of problems to work through right now, so I wouldn’t expect much in the way of updates.

Not too worried about loss gametime, however it’s nice to see it’s not just me with the low download speed.

I had this happen on my laptop yesterday. Played perfectly fine today on my desktop and tried again on my laptop at night, but I have 79KB/s download right now on a 300mb connection. :sob:

Ok thanks. But (on a Mac) I didn’t know this had to be “waited out” and quit the BNET app. Then restarted now it says “Waiting on another update” for the last 15 minutes. Sigh…I wouldn’t call this “solved” that’s all I’m going to say.

Ok update: again on a Mac: I paused the “Update” when it said “Waiting on another update” then quit the BNet app. Then relogged back on to the Bnet app then the update proceeded normally (although with a pitiful download rate still downloading 200 MB LOL). Seems to be going ok though. Again, third time, this is on a Mac. Probably not helpful for windows users. Good luck all.

It’s been hours now, I think the term “shortly” is not exactly accurate anymore.

3 Likes

It’s preventing people from playing so it honestly should be a priority issue.

Also, not happy that someone marked this as “Solved” as if it’s been resolved.

3 Likes

Should we start up a game of I-Spy while we wait for the single techie to run sweating down the hall to the server room while he screams “Shut it down! Shut it all down!”?

Oof, yep I’m stuck on a Scanning loop. It takes about 20 to 30 minutes of scanning, says it is done then it starts a ‘Repair update’ and just scans the same amount with the same result. I’m reminded of a song here…

2 Likes