Update stuck on initializing

Or they just separate the CoD crap from blizzard launcher like it was before

7 Likes

I had the same problem, so I figured I’d try reinstalling the Battle.net App and it’s only caused a storm of more problems. I have tried the “Scan and Repair” in the app after I was finally able to reinstall the BN App and now I have have problem “Oops, looks like something broke.”

I’ve read through several sites for the past two hours on how to fix all of these problems, and the last thing I want to have to do is reinstall the damn game. I have slow internet and it will take days to do it all again. I just bought the expansion to try Dracthyr and I’m sorely regretting it. All of these damn bugs hardly feel like a computer problem rather than a “let’s keep all our crappy games in one app” problem, I can’t say I’ve ever had this much trouble. I hate to be the guy to says, “A multi-billionaire company huh?!” But after they refused a 15 dollar refund when I needed it and used no game time from it, (I submitted the ticket for it the day of the charge) I’ve decided to reconsider my life choices. Lol

6 Likes

Sadly, I’m sick of wasting time at the computer and getting a stomach ache from frustration (my version of a headache when dealing with things) that I’ve decided to let my slow as, you know what I mean, internet redownload the game. See you in 3 days at best!

1 Like

I’m curious to see if that will even work.

1 Like

@Blizzard, it’s poor customer service to ignore this issue. Say something, Issue a statement, something other than silence. This is incredibly rude, and we deserve better.

8 Likes

I really hope having to redownload the game will be a last resort… :confused: I’m hoping blizzard will respond and find a fix

Love to finally have some time to enjoy the pre patch, and be stuck on yet another Blizzard bug. Tried all the workarounds, the “fixes”, still stuck on initializing. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I think once the number of people experiencing the problem hits this level it’s safe to say that it is not a user end issue. It is probably also obvious to Blizzard as well. While I am also frustrated at the situation, having also just returned to check this all out… like really really frustrated… What can we do really? I also have spent since yesterday trying all the tactics and tricks… nothing. Maybe it just gets better soon? Either way, here sits a bunch of frustrated people waiting, so what can I do to make things better? Perhaps a story, to help you pass the time while Blizzard definitely fixes this issue…

It was a morning like most others, a damp chill accompanying a pleasant mist rolling in from the forest’s edge. Today was going to be well spent indeed. After a quick debate between grog or mead, you finish your morning meal and decide it’s a good time to get to work. Weapon in hand you embark, the heart of the forest had yet to be located and you would indeed be the one to find it. One final check of your gear and your off. The forest is strangely peaceful for this time of year. The normal wrestling of branches, the cries of hungry young… absent. Deciding not to give it any more thought you press on, it doesn’t take long for you to reach “unexplored territory”, for the forest is treacherous, lined with the bones of those who came before. But you were born in battle, raised in strife, you willing crush those bones underfoot in order to ensure that the efforts that came before you were not meaningless. No resistance, no guardians, not even a insect could be found. The densest forest you have ever been in, not but a step between trees, and you are utterly alone. Why? What is it that you aren’t sensing? Inexplicably you find that the last step you took was quite some time ago, perhaps even days. You are here, you know it with your entire being, the thing that you have been searching for is right in front of you. Blinking and rubbing your eyes, you gather your senses… you can do this! You brush aside the vines immediately in front of you with renewed vigor, at last your reward is revealed. A brilliant blue light envelops you, warm and exciting, you can tell that something amazing is a bout to transpire. You let the excitement fill you to the point that you might explode and then open your eyes. Before your entire life up to now and your entire future laid out for you in one simple word. Initializing

5 Likes

Now it’s stuck on Uninstalling. I’m beginning to think it’s time to find another game. I’m getting really fed up with poor quality being pushed as the new norm. How the heck does something get pushed out with this kind of bug? This isn’t a small one. They need to start firing people that aren’t measuring up.

2 Likes

followed the above steps for deleting cache. Stuck on initializing 0%. Blizzard servers are having a sad. Reminds me of trying to play healthcare dot gov on launch day

Same here. Can’t get Battlenet to install now no matter what I do

Yup same here, did all troubleshooting and still stuck on initializing, after 8 hours. So tired of this poor quality crap that Blizz shoves onto the players

Yeah, honestly, I think I’m done. I was on the fence about this expansion. Seemed kinda cheesy. I am just going to ask for a refund and call it quits. There really is no excuse for this kind of issue. This should have been tested. I know that most of the country has been groomed to accept poor customer service. That “these things happen.” Speaking as someone that has been PC gaming for over 20 years, I can tell you that this kind of thing should not happen. They get away with this because people don’t stand up for anything anymore. Saying it’s just a game is what they expect you to say. That’s why they get away with such poor quality. Well, I am taking a stand. I will not accept poor quality. This should not have been released if it was not ready. It’s really that simple. Berate me all you want fanboys, but I won’t be back to read your comments. This post is the only way to let Blizzard know how disappointed I am, whether or not they read it, it is still my only way.

10 Likes

had same issue, restarted everything no worky, uninstalled battle.net

tried to redownload battlenet download speed was 7kb/s and kept auto ending cause “network issue” deleted all the things from the cache article, found a battle.net-Setup.exe from a while back, its crawling to install maybe in day or two it will work

Please check on your servers related to battle.net they are not happy right now.

They just had a post in EU about sending a log into wow, but they edited the link and I am unsure of the steps.

Hopefully it gets a fix.

Something like, battle.net file > Agent file > latest agent file > latest AgentNGDP file and send that to:
Techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject line: Stuck on initializing.

Hey all,

There was an issue which affected our CDN (content delivery network) used for the Battle.net app and all Blizzard games. Our teams are working on it now and we expect it to be cleared up shortly. This is likely causing the stuck on initializing for most players right now (though getting stuck at this stage may be caused by other issues outside of the current CDN problem).

As things start to clear up here soon I’d just recommend waiting a bit and restarting your PCs, then start up the Battle.net app again. It may sit on “Initializing…” for a while as it’s checking the WOW data files, so allow it to sit there and it should eventually move on to updating.

13 Likes

Thanks for the update!

will this also address those of us stuck on trying to install battle.net or download it? Neither seem to be working and uninstalling it and reinstalling it was the supposed solution.

thanks for getting this addressed

1 Like

Yes, downloading and installing the Battle.net app itself will be impacted. Unfortunately at the moment it’s just “wait a bit and try again” while the teams are working to correct the CDN issue.

2 Likes