Update on broken ACHIEVMENTS due to WARBANDS

Everyone if you didn’t notice your in progress achievements ARE missing, can we get some UPDATE on this??? Will it get fixed because some of these achievements even if they’re gone CANNOT be done again therefor cannot be finished!

3 Likes

lots of things are in the process of being fixed.

as i’m sure you know, prepatches come with a lot of issues.

updates won’t be given on every issue.

8 Likes

Blues tend not to find out till we do t even if they have a idea they dont give eta.

4 Likes

It’s on the list of known issues. That’s the only notification you will likely get. Bugs are triaged so until it is fixed there is no way to say where it is on the list of fixes. A more game-breaking bug or one that affects more players would have a higher priority.

8 Likes

Sadly they are a big part of the game even if they’re not game breaking. The fact that you can’t do finish some existing achievements and aren’t able to complete new ones or do so on other characters lessens what content is left during pre-patch. Thinking people won’t care when new content comes is just ridiculous customer service.

No one ever said they don’t care. They are working on it.

What they aren’t going to do is stop what they are doing, just to keep saying “we’re working on it” over and over again. Let them get things fixed.

5 Likes

History of the Mantid and Legion Curator both reset on me, which is a huge amount of progress gone on those. I know archaeology is being ignored by Blizzard these days, so it will be a low priority fix for them, but I was close on both of those.

1 Like

FWIW, at least for Legion Curator, the criteria is tracked by completed quests.

Go to Wowhead and look up the pristine items you know you completed, then copy their macro and run it on the character you earned it with.

Example: I tried the Pristine Imp Cup one

/run print(C_QuestLog.IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(40359))

And it returns true on the character I did it with. I don’t think our progress was lost. More like “the warbound achievements aren’t looking at the quest completions yet.”

I’m actually really optimistic that the arch achievements will be fixed.

5 Likes

I hope so because currently you cannot do some of them or redo them so they are broken broken sadly.

I know a few Blizzard engineers. Some of them are dedicating their waking moments solely to finding a fix. I know one in particular that despite paying to attend San Diego Comic Con, he had to cancel attending in order to make sure he can dedicate himself to the cause of fixing it because he takes his job that seriously.

Blizz engineers are at the top of their game and I know for a fact that they’ll find a resolution. What helps is cheering them on.

7 Likes

Be thankful you at least got an official response on the matter that they are aware of the issue. No such statement has been made about the many bugged mounts we have now.

1 Like

I mentioned missing exalted reputations problem but got no response it is disheartening that only solution is report on bug report and it just dies there in hundreds of bug reports.

1 Like

A bug report is mainly a one way street. They’re not going to be able to reply to every last post because someone wants a personal reply on something. They’re getting info to help fine tone their answer to this issue and better help understand it.

They’re not going to reply unless they need more info.

6 Likes

QA only responds if they need more information. You won’t get personal communication with them. GMs are the only ones you can contact VIA tickets. They don’t handle bugs.

6 Likes

They don’t respond to most Bug Reports but they are working on what they can. At this point, the priority is fixing things and not responding to every post……have you seen them all???
It would have to be a template general response and then people would complain about that too.

I’m trying to look at it like this. They are triaging the system like a medical team. Fixing power after a storm works too.

Critical systems first and especially those that are game breaking or affecting the most people.

Serious problems are tackled next and then moderate and so on.

Occasionally some things may be simple and they quick fix it and then back to what they can.

There are things they don’t know how to fix yet and need to figure it out. It takes as long as it takes.

There are things that can be fixed but require more manpower and time, and those may need to wait a little.

It seems to my UNEDUCATED EYE in IT, that there may be a lot of things that are still in the system and database, even if you can’t see them at this time.

Obsessing and rechecking only makes you more anxious. I know this because I have done this. I would, with great respect, suggest you just step away from that part of the game for a little bit and give them time.

As a collector of things and achievements, I genuinely understand your distress.

6 Likes

As someone who ran the bug queue at a different company, I’m almost certain that they’ve got people monitoring the inbound traffic, creating internal notes for the dev team to review. The way we had to write them was to make sure that it’s easy to understand within a minute of reading it. So if we didn’t understand what the user was reporting, we’d be the ones to follow up or try to find a similar report from a user then turn in our report.

5 Likes

legit lost progress for ‘Be Our Guest’ for the SL meta achievement. I was half way done then the update rolled out and lost it and my credit isn’t counting for what I lost when I try to re-earn it.