Update from Holly TLDR

Per Wowhead

-Phase 2 testing starting on PTR
-Guild Bank testing starting on PTR
-LFG tool (not LFD) testing starting on PTR
-Arena points gained per week will be increased
-Arena point and honor point gear will have their costs reduced prior to the end of S1
-Outland faction PVP gear from rep vendors will be available before the end of S1
-And finally, big clarification: ARENA POINTS WILL BE CONVERTED TO HONOR AT A RATE OF APPROXIMATELY 1 ARENA POINT → 10 HONOR POINTS AT THE END OF S1

9 Likes

Excellent post thank you

1 Like

just the messenger, but i appreciate it.

Sometimes you just need someone to cut the crap and lay out the details.

LFG and guild banks are a welcome sight.

i just hope for 2 things:

1. more people will queue arenas
  2. this change doesn’t piss no change andies who were queing arena before that

Give everyone free gladiator gear and max arena points per week! Thanks Blizz!

2 Likes

Gladiator gear won’t be honor gear in S2. S1 becomes honor in S3. So yeah the blue gear gets easier to get. This is a good change.

1 Like

dont exist. we have a no more huge changes group but the main things thats against is like dual spec, transmog, lfd, token, and stuff. we’re resigned to play the rest of the changes as long as they make some sense in the parameters of TBC. i highly doubt anybodys gonna quit over these.

2 Likes

bless you sir

1 Like

you delivered the message very efficiently

1 Like

Retail babies rejoice. You all can get arena gear now :grin:

Are you one of those players that thinks having an overwhelming gear advantage equals skill?

I’m one of those players that likes a feeling of accomplishment. Crazy I know

4 Likes

How does one get the gear to begin with?

N

Not necessarily. Arena gear is still locked behind rating.

Good news finally

So, i agree with your list all except the dual spec thing. I’d like to see the cost to respec capped lower at 10g, i don’t need a second spec. What do you think this would ruin in tbc? I’ve gotten into quite a few arguments over this and have yet to hear any convincing reason other than it wasn’t in tbc and get good / farm more gold.

She also seemed to be really happy during the interview, which I think was a good thing.

At this point, it’s just an arbitrary number. So the question is why is 10g better than 50g?

We know the intended design at the time was to deter respecc’ing without considerable thought. ref: http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/32183833.htm

She re-rolled horde for TBC? And made sure her feedback was heard by the Prod Dev?